Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mh57blue
Level 7

Amazon Prime live streams not working

I subscribe to HBO, Starz and Showtime through Amazon Prime.  I can play any videos in those subscriptions through the Amazon Prime app on my Roku, but I now can't access the "Watch Live" live streams of those subscription channels.  When I click on the Watch Live selection I get this:

Problem Occurred
We are unable to play your video at this time.  Please try
again in a few minutes or contact Amazon Customer
Service.

I can play these live streams on all my other devices and I can play live streams in other apps on my Roku TV, just not in Prime Video on my Roku TV.

I tried deactivating the channel and turning of my Roku TV and reselecting Prime Video but it didn't help
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Amazon Prime live streams not working

Have you contacted Amazon Customer Service, as prompted?
0 Kudos
mh57blue
Level 7

there was a "customer service" link it provided which took me to a generic help page.  The only general topic that was in the area of this issue led me to an "answer" that had me check the internet connection.  I did check it and refreshed the internet connection, which didn't help.

Also, the only place the Amazon Prime streaming doesn't work is on my Roku TV.  I am able to use the streaming on all other devices.  And it did work on the Roku TV until recently.
0 Kudos

How do I contact Amazon by phone?

1 (888) 280-4331

Amazon.com/Customer service
0 Kudos
mh57blue
Level 7

I have now contacted Amazon and they told me the Prime app is not updated within Roku and that's why I can't play the live streams -- that Roku has to update the Prime app.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"mh57blue" wrote:
I have now contacted Amazon and they told me the Prime app is not updated within Roku and that's why I can't play the live streams -- that Roku has to update the Prime app.

They told you wrong. Roku doesn't update the app, Amazon does. Roku only creates and supports a small number of apps (Roku Channel, Roku Media Player). All others are supported by outside developers. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
mh57blue
Level 7

I contacted Roku and they were unable to fix it and they told me my only other recourse was to talk to the Amazon Prime Video app developer, so I have just switched my Premium Starz and Showtime channels to Hulu -- the livestream plays fine.  There is still a problem with livestreaming on the Prime Video app within the Roku TV but I have given up on solving it, preferring to just get those channels on an app where they will work through the Roku TV...
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are seeing. We'll share your feedback over with the channel provider. 

Please continue to follow up with Amazon Prime Video support for more help and further updates regarding the issue within their channel . 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos