Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xa---
Level 7

Amazon Prime is advertised on the box but I can't install it.

Jump to solution

Roku advertised on the packaging that Amazon Prime could be used, but I can't install it. It's been bugging me for quite a while now.

Can you tell me how to install it? I'm starting to believe that I may have been misled by Roku's advertisement/packaging.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Amazon Prime is advertised on the box but I can't install it.

Jump to solution

You probably arent in the US/other Prime supported country - Amazon controls Prime app location availability.

You need to examine the box again: "channels can change and vary by country".

You'll need to contact Amazon about making Prime/Roku Prime app available in your country.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

You probably arent in the US/other Prime supported country - Amazon controls Prime app location availability.

You need to examine the box again: "channels can change and vary by country".

You'll need to contact Amazon about making Prime/Roku Prime app available in your country.

0 Kudos
xa---
Level 7

Jump to solution

I bought the box through Amazon, it advertises Amazon; for all intents and purposes it should work. Prime video is also available in my country.

The only device that doesn't allow me to install it is Roku. Now from my point of view: Roku advertises and sells it via Amazon; they should make it sure it is available, otherwise it's false advertisement - it really is that simple.

0 Kudos
xa---
Level 7

Jump to solution

Also as far as Amazon is concerned, it should be available, see:

https://www.primevideo.com/help/ref=atv_hp_nd_cnt?nodeId=GTAQMQBSRQKKE9FJ

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Say what you will, but I'm sure if you read all the fine print that came with the packaging you'll see a disclaimer that says something like, "not all channels are available in all regions".  Amazon makes no mention of that, but it is up to Amazon to make it available via Roku in your region.  Roku has no control over that.  I suggest you contact Amazon, but don't be surprised if they have no idea what you're talking about.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@xa--- wrote:

Also as far as Amazon is concerned, it should be available, see:

https://www.primevideo.com/help/ref=atv_hp_nd_cnt?nodeId=GTAQMQBSRQKKE9FJ

That's a generic help page listing supported devices. 

You need to contact Amazon about enabling the Prime app on Roku for your country (which you still havent stated).

Amazon entirely controls this when they publish the app to the Roku channelstore (they select which countries/regions the app will be available in).

Again, you need to read the box:  "Channels can change and vary by country".

0 Kudos