Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon Prime descriptions on Roku devices

Curious who writes/ proofs the descriptions for Amazon Prime content, and who develops the app (Roku or Amazon)? After the recent platform changes and updates, the TV/ movie info is rife with typos. Also, many movies have no info at all. Since Amazon bought IMDB, perhaps they’re pulling info from that database. Thoughts?

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku...

The Amazon Prime Video app for Roku streaming players is developed by AmazonLab126.

The only app that Roku, Inc. developed is the Roku Channel app.

~Jordan

Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku...

As @Michelle3 mentioned, Amazon is responsible for the content within their channel. And yes, since they own IMDB I would expect the metadata to come from there. But I've seem synopsis information for movies that really didn't accurately reflect the material. Who writes that stuff? No idea, but often it seems whoever wrote it had never actually watched the movie/show.

Can't remember if it was IMDB, but I read info once that labeled Stalag 17 as a comedy. Just because a movie might have some humorous bits doesn't make it a comedy. Maybe they were confusing it with Hogan's Heroes, which was located in the fictional Stalag 13. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku...


@atc98092 wrote:

As @Michelle3 mentioned, Amazon is responsible for the content within their channel. And yes, since they own IMDB I would expect the metadata to come from there. But I've seem synopsis information for movies that really didn't accurately reflect the material. Who writes that stuff? No idea, but often it seems whoever wrote it had never actually watched the movie/show.

Can't remember if it was IMDB, but I read info once that labeled Stalag 17 as a comedy. Just because a movie might have some humorous bits doesn't make it a comedy. Maybe they were confusing it with Hogan's Heroes, which was located in the fictional Stalag 13. 


You’re right, @atc98092. Amazon is responsible for content available on their app, but what is Hogan’s Heroes?

~Jordan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku...


@Michelle3 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

As @Michelle3 mentioned, Amazon is responsible for the content within their channel. And yes, since they own IMDB I would expect the metadata to come from there. But I've seem synopsis information for movies that really didn't accurately reflect the material. Who writes that stuff? No idea, but often it seems whoever wrote it had never actually watched the movie/show.

Can't remember if it was IMDB, but I read info once that labeled Stalag 17 as a comedy. Just because a movie might have some humorous bits doesn't make it a comedy. Maybe they were confusing it with Hogan's Heroes, which was located in the fictional Stalag 13. 


You’re right, @atc98092. Amazon is responsible for content available on their app, but what is Hogan’s Heroes?

~Jordan


Oh dear. Are you that young, or am I that old? Smiley Tongue

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku...


@atc98092 wrote:

@Michelle3 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

As @Michelle3 mentioned, Amazon is responsible for the content within their channel. And yes, since they own IMDB I would expect the metadata to come from there. But I've seem synopsis information for movies that really didn't accurately reflect the material. Who writes that stuff? No idea, but often it seems whoever wrote it had never actually watched the movie/show.

Can't remember if it was IMDB, but I read info once that labeled Stalag 17 as a comedy. Just because a movie might have some humorous bits doesn't make it a comedy. Maybe they were confusing it with Hogan's Heroes, which was located in the fictional Stalag 13. 


You’re right, @atc98092. Amazon is responsible for content available on their app, but what is Hogan’s Heroes?

~Jordan


Oh dear. Are you that young, or am I that old? Smiley Tongue


I’m saying “What is Hogan’s Heroes?”.

~Jordan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku...

Hogan's Heroes was an American TV situation comedy from 1965-71. It was based in a German WWII POW camp named Stalag 13. The lead character was American Army Air Corp Colonel Robert E. Hogan (played by Bob Crane) who actually ran a secret spy operation from within the POW camp.

As I said, it was a comedy and really poked fun at Germany during WWII. Here's the Wiki page about it.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku...


@atc98092 wrote:

Hogan's Heroes was an American TV situation comedy from 1965-71. It was based in a German WWII POW camp named Stalag 13. The lead character was American Army Air Corp Colonel Robert E. Hogan (played by Bob Crane) who actually ran a secret spy operation from within the POW camp.

As I said, it was a comedy and really poked fun at Germany during WWII. Here's the Wiki page about it.


Is there a production company and a distributor of that show in specifications?

~Jordan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Amazon Prime on Roku...

I have no idea. The show is still in syndication.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos