Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinchuv
Level 7

Amazon Prime channel not available in UAE

Amazon Prime in available in UAE but it's not available in Roku Channel Store

How to solve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5\
aaelsayed86
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime channel not available in UAE

That’s right, this is why i purchased Roku as it shall contain amazon prime movies app !! Why Roku didn’t reply for your query yet !!!!

juncasDman
Level 7

I have the same issue. Hopefully Prime Video will be available in UAE in Roku platform as well as the Roku Channel. We are paying the same roku streaming device but we have limited channel.

juandi
Level 7

Same problem. Why I can not access Amazon prime as a Roku channel ?

However I can just connect my laptop and it works, really annoying.

aaelsayed86
Level 7

This is weird, amazon prime is allowed in uae and also on roku , i don’t know why and even roku community are not replying !! 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Note that the various channels themselves provide Roku with Roku-compatible versions of their channel apps. Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

The Prime Video app from Amazon itself is what controls the regions in which it will work.  Being able to view Prime Video on other platforms means nothing if the Roku version of their app has not been programmed to support your region.  You need to contact Amazon and request that they update the Roku version of their app for use in UAE.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos