Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime buffering

Jump to solution

I can't find any way of contacting a human with Roku. If you found a phone number, please post it here.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It sounds  like the same issue I am having. Only Amazon Prime isn’t accessible from my Roku device. I can get it on my other smart TVs. I was watching a show on Prime, changed to watch Hulu and went back to Prime 1/2 hour later and was unable to access Prime. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime buffering (Fixed it)

Jump to solution

@MrDanO wrote:

Can't believe it was as simple as setting the Roku display resolution to match my TV. Roku was set for 1080p and my TV is only 720p. Ever since I changed it the only buffering I've seen over 5 -6 days (2-3 movies, many episodes of same shows I had issues with) is at the very beginning of a video. Which is usually during the preview that Prime queues up. Absolutely no buffering beyond that and no audio-video out of sync.

Hope it's this easy for the rest of you.

This worked for me. I changed the resolution of my Roku to 720p. It was 1080p earlier.  But definitely not the ideal solution. This would mean that the content in other roku channels would be lower than it could be. I have keep changing them when I use Prime vs other apps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exact same problem here in Phoenix.  Streaming fine on all channels except Prime Video.  It buffers at the beginning of the video and then when it starts playing smoothly the sound almost always doesn't match the video and I have to do quick (short) rewinds until the lips match the voice.  Then there is intermittent buffering during playback and I often get that black box telling me to exit and check my connection which I have done and the result is always OK.  Now when I get that message I just wait and eventually it starts again.  I've been putting up with this a long time, I'm not sure why, but finally it occurred to me that I shouldn't because I'm paying cash money for Prime and it only happens on Prime.  I'm going to try uninstall, reinstall, restart but I'm not optimistic.  And I have a 1080 TV and shouldn't have to make it 720 just for Prime Video.   And I'm not going to hunt for hours on Amazon looking for a phone number for Video support.  They are excellent at hiding customer service numbers and as usual it sounds like Amazon is blaming Roku and vice-versa anyways.  So I hope somebody finds a fix soon.  There are a couple of shows I really like on that channel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Finally have a chance (big surprise) to look at this topic again.

I am not sure I understand this. I am pretty sure my cheap Insignia TV from Best Buy handles/receives 1080p over-the-air transmissions via a Leaf antenna, however my Roku 3700X has these specs: 

• Max UI Resolution 1280X720
  • Max Playback Resolution 1920x1080

I have no idea how that would relate to my TV's resolution. Maybe I am not looking in the right place, or it has nothing to do with it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Wish I could help. But I'm still in limbo on all this. And still haven't found a human at Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem- weird in only for certain shows on prime (where it stutters)..tried changing resolution down to 720 - didnt fix. Dont understand why some channels work and others dont..thought it was cause prime offer some in 4k but it happens across shows that aren't offered in 4k.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tai

I am having the same issues. I have gone through all trough shooting daily. Mine happens in the evening daily. Amazon said it is my Providers’s issues. Provider came checked my system, said it is Amazon’s issues. Today, Amazon said it is a Roku issue! Where do I stand!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem with the "new" Roku SE.  Attempted all of the previous fix suggestions, but nothing worked.  My guess is that Roku users are going to have to start cancelling their Amazon Prime memberships and indicate the reason is because the Prime App isn't working on Roku, and Amazon will make the necessary revisions to the app. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had the same issues using my Roku and my Amazon fire stick.   It is definitely an issue with Prime.  All other apps have no buffering issues, just Prime.  I actually had to stop using the Fire Stick because it freezes and you have to reinstall it.   

I agree, maybe we should start cancelling our Prime memberships and state that the buffering issues are the cause of the cancellation.  It might prompt them to fix the issue.