Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Amazon Prime buffering

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

While it’s good to see a Roku employee here, the point being made is that Amazon has little incentive to make this work well.  If people get frustrated and purchase FireTV sticks, then that is a positive for Amazon.  Roku needs to establish minimum acceptance criteria within their contracts with Amazon and hold them to it. 

The current experience is unacceptable. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It's been a year and nowhere this issue solved. What about if we make this problem in public. We mention AMAZON and ROKU IN OUR TWITTER, to get public support, hopefully from legislator or consumer protection willing to help US, as a CONSUMER, in this issue. I have no problem watch Amazon Prime on Samsung Tv and Apple streaming devices, but buffering in ROKU. So what ever the problem between AMAZON and ROKU, the consumer-WE- should not responsible and suffer from their problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The reason I chose the NVIDIA SHIELD was specifically so that Amazon doesn't "double dip" me, buying the subscription and the device, plus reviews of the SHIELD were good.

Assigning blame does nothing for someone like me, who has a subscription to Amazon and a Roku, only one of which I can use in a satisfying way.  If whoever is at fault -- IMO it's Amazon -- were going to fix this problem, it would have been fixed long ago.

Some who have this problem will drop Amazon, others will change devices, and the rest will live with it.  Roku simply will have to write off those in the second category, like me.  I didn't like doing that, but I also didn't like watching someone's mouth move and hearing the words five seconds later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Posted a while back on this feed (same stutter issue when I watch certain shows on prime). Just moved to New neighborhood (kept Comcast and about same amount of mbs intneret)...crazy thing is the now I don't have the issue??!

I had bought a firestick upon move as I thought I would have the same issue as before (example: when watching Fleabag it would stutter). So not sure why it works now... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah, this is bull. Just cancelled my prime membership. So not worth it. Gonna replace my Roku too. Majorly disappointed in Roku’s lack of responsibility for this. It’s a partnership between the two. If one isn’t holding up their end of the bargain (and providing an unwatchable channel counts, jeez), you need to get it fixed or drop them. End of story. Don’t say you offer something that really is nothing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

For what it's worth, I'd been having stuttering on Amazon (and no other channels) on my Roku Express+ (and no other devices).  Uninstalling, restarting the Roku, and reinstalling the app made no difference at all.  I did not try setting my Roku to 720 resolution, out of principle - even had it worked, if my TV is 1080, my Roku is at 1080, and all of my other channels work, I'm not going to modify resolution on my Roku just for the sake of one channel...so it wasn't worth my trying.

What did work, though, was swapping out my HDMI cable.  I happened to have a newer one lying around that I was reasonably confident was high capacity.  I thought the one attached to my Roku was fine, but apparently it was for all apps except Amazon.  I still get more buffering than I think I should when videos start, and some syncing issues when I use the rewind feature.  But it's still much better than before.  And still not quite as good as it should be.  Oh, Amazon...

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime buffering (Fixed it)

Jump to solution

Fixed it for me. Was having the exact same issue. Display setting to 720 and buffering with prime is gone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the very easy fix! Was having the exact same issue with Amazon Prime Video buffering.
YEA! I appreciate the tip!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Display setting to 720 on the Roku device fixed the problem without rebooting the Roku  device. Just set it when viewing Amazon Prime Video then set it back when done with Amazon. 

0 Kudos