Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime buffering (Fixed it)

Jump to solution

Can't believe it was as simple as setting the Roku display resolution to match my TV. Roku was set for 1080p and my TV is only 720p. Ever since I changed it the only buffering I've seen over 5 -6 days (2-3 movies, many episodes of same shows I had issues with) is at the very beginning of a video. Which is usually during the preview that Prime queues up. Absolutely no buffering beyond that and no audio-video out of sync.

Hope it's this easy for the rest of you.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, that's not a good solution for my 1080 TV. I have the exact problem. The solution is not to lower the resolution since it's working fine on all other channels.

It definitely looks like an Amazon issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Changing the tv resolution worked. Thank you for the suggestion. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I don't believe it's about lowering the resolution but rather making sure the resolution setting matches the TV's. It is definitely a problem only with Prime and this worked for me and at least one other so far. Sorry I can't be of more help. I wish you luck finding a solution.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

beckall,

Glad to hear it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks. 

I've got the right resolution for the screen. Got an email from a few suggestions to try.

I'll report back after I try them out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime buffering

Jump to solution

My Amazon and Netflix channels will both pull up but when I chose a show/movie to watch it goes into endless buffering.  My other channels work fine.  I had uninstalled and reinstalled the channels.  I have shut off my Roku and restarted.  Did the same with my wifi.  Everything works fine on my computer just not with my Roku.  I am not sure what to try next.  Oh and I also did the update Roku and restart Roku through the actual Roku settings. Still just endlessly buffers.  

I tried calling Roku but could not get a person on the phone. 

Thank you for any assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@lanne 

Thanks for the note.

When removing a channel, make sure to remove the channel, restart the device, then add the channel back again.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have been busy and never followed up with Amazon support (actually, just forgot about doing it). The hiccuping persists and also makes the video out of sync with the audio. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yeah. Same here. Still have to start and re start 3 times before it'll work. And there's nothing wrong with my wifi.

0 Kudos