Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Amazon Prime, autoload next episode fails- Roku Ultra

I just purchased a new #Roku Ultra. I have 2 older Roku devices, so it didn't take long to get setup

While watching a series on Amazon Prime, when an episode nears the end, a box showing the next episode will start in a few seconds, then counts down. Once at the end, the next one will load. This is where my issue is.

For me, the counter gets to zero, still shows the next ep box on the lower right corner. Then the Roku will freeze. At that point, all I can do is hit the home button, then re-load the Amazon app.

I've tried removing / reinstalling the app. I've made sure everything is up to date.

Any suggestions? This is pretty irritating.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Amazon Prime, autoload next episode fails- Roku Ultra

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for replying!

Apparently, this is a new problem. However, it has been reported to Amazon-

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/digital-content/prime-video/529533-prime-video-freezing-between-e...

Hopefully they can get this corrected soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

UPDATE-

It appears that Amazon has fixed the freezing issue. I have no idea what was wrong on their end, but they have addressed it.

0 Kudos