Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twiceover
Roku Guru

Re: Amazon Prime app not found

Jump to solution

Well I tried, can't make people understand what they don't want to.

Good luck in life.

0 Kudos
twiceover
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They can't support the app, it isn't theirs to set up.  I don't understand how you don't understand that.  Would it be nice?  Sure, but I can name a million other things that would be nicer of them to do.

Have you contacted Amazon yet to ask why they haven't enabled the Amazon Prime Roku app for your location?

0 Kudos
Merlz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Would you happen to know why every time i press play on certain program it restarts immediately? On that note, Amazon Prime installed and launched but would not play. Am in England. Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Merlz 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day, I am having the same problem that has been mentioned where I can not find Amazon Prime in on my channel list. However Amazon Prime is available in my region(South Africa) and I can happily watch it using another device. Will it become available on Roku soon? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @SeanAttridge

Thanks for reaching out.

Please be advised that any Roku player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about which Roku devices they support their channel (app) on in your current region.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pieman123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, albeit with a newer 4K device and in Hong Kong (a pretty developed corner of the globe I should say).

The generic answer from Roku here just isn't good enough. Amazon Prime is available as an app on a number of platforms here so it's disappointing to not see it on a major brand like Roku, and in a major city like Hong Kong.

Neither are major apps like BBC news, Disney+ etc.

Instead, what I'm seeing are random bottom of the heap c$%p like '**bleep** news' or channels in the mid-west(?!)

Great product, but the outreach is atrocious... I must say I got this on the basis of reviews on how good the contents are. Obviously only applies to certain countries.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@pieman123 

Roku is only sold through official channels, and therefore is only supported in, 17 regions. You are not in one of the supported regions.

Roku does not prevent any app from working anywhere. Roku really doesn't mind any app working anywhere.

Roku lets the app developers pick where they want to support their app. If a developer says they want to support the app everywhere, then the app works everywhere, not just in the 17 regions. The whole planet. And on the space stations if you can get good Internet service there.

However, most app developers choose to not support their Roku app outside the 17 regions. Amazon is one of those developers to make that choice.

If Amazon said for the app to work there, it would work there. That's Amazon's decision, not Roku's decision. If Amazon works on other platforms, that's because Amazon chose to support those other platforms. If Amazon does not work on Roku, it's because Amazon choose to not work on Roku there. So, for it to work there, Amazon would have to make it available there.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
pieman123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if the tone and sarcasm of this response is appropriate.

Nonetheless, as I said: Great product, but the outreach is atrocious... I must say I got this on the basis of reviews on how good the contents are. Obviously only applies to certain countries.

In any case, (and just to be constructive to others who are not in the supported regions and are reading) I found that using airplay to view Amazon Prime from my iPad (or iPhone) actually worked very well - You can even navigate playback using the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@pieman123 

There was no sarcasm intended. My apologies for coming across that way.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos