Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prashanth
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime app not found

Jump to solution

Hii... Today I received my #Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series) and I am serching for Amazon prime video app .. and I couldn't found.. please help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime app not found

Jump to solution

@Prashanth 

Thanks for the note.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Prashanth 

Thanks for the note.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Prashanth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes .. I agree with that.. but unfortunately amezon app is working in UAE region.. there should not be any problem on playing in device...I couldn't able to serve the app in Roku stick plus... 

365jim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"not our problem" is the boiler plate Roku response to the plethora of people facing this issue. How about some clear up front info before people spends their money... That basic apps like Amazon prime, available in All regions for Android, may well not be available in Roku channel store? 

twiceover
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Amazon has to authorize it for their area.  They do the same in the Android App Store.

KlausKobald
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I understand that!

But why is it working on Apple TV and Samsung TV then?

That makes no sense.

twiceover
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@KlausKobald wrote:

Yes, I understand that!

But why is it working on Apple TV and Samsung TV then?

That makes no sense.

Yeah, I agree.  But only Amazon can answer that for you.  You should contact them and find out why they have not authorized it on Roku for your country.

0 Kudos
365jim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Conclusion... Don't buy a Roku unless you want to risk having no Amazon Prime. Spread the word people. 

twiceover
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@365jim wrote:

Conclusion... Don't buy a Roku unless you want to risk having no Amazon Prime. Spread the word people. 

I don't know why you're blaming Roku here.  It's up to Amazon to determine where their app will install.  Personally I have it on 6 devices, never had an issue installing it.

0 Kudos
Prashanth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are blaming Roku because... Prime Video works clearly with Amezon fire stick in Dubai where Roku Stick Cannot play the same... Roku stick is having all pre installed application so ofcourse it should be mistake somewhere in Roku stick.. please check and update the same.. so that we can enjoy our experience with Roku