Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

@Jiga wrote:

same issue with me in Australia.

I'm making a guess, but it's likely that Amazon isn't supporting Roku devices in your country. They may offer Prime there, but they have to authorize their Roku app for that country. It sounds like Amazon hasn't done that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Jiga  Thanks for reaching out! 

As @atc98092 mentioned, Amazon has not currently made the Amazon Prime Video channel available in your location on the Roku platform. Each channel provider determines the locations in which their channel is available in the Roku Channel Store. We'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime support to inquire further and share your interest in seeing Prime Video available on Roku in your location. 

We're always looking to expand our presence, and appreciate you getting in touch!  

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks everybody who replied to my question. I've reluctantly switched my Prime viewing to phone via Chromecast.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Roku 3?

Jump to solution

I have roku 4620x but not able to find amazon prime in the channel . Can you please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@AsifkumbLa wrote:

I have roku 4620x but not able to find amazon prime in the channel . Can you please help

That is a supported player, but where are you located? Prime isn't available on Roku devices in every country. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am in Melbourne @atc98092  .but there are people who is getting the amazon prime in their roku 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@AsifkumbLa wrote:

I am in Melbourne @atc98092  .but there are people who is getting the amazon prime in their roku 

Well, I would certainly expect the 4620 to be a supported player. But content providers don't always act the way we expect them to. Only Amazon can say for sure if that player is supported in your country, unfortunately. Unless someone else in the same country can confirm it works for them on the same player, we have to assume that Amazon hasn't made it available for your player. I would attempt to clarify it with them. Perhaps it was an oversight to not include that player. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@AsifkumbLa  Thanks for reaching out here. We apologize for any incorrect information you may have been given, but Amazon has not made their Prime Video channel/service available on standard Roku devices in your location. We would recommend following up with Amazon support again for additional information. You can reach them here:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Other TV/internet providers that sell Roku-powered products for use with their services, such as Telstra, may offer that that particular channel/service in your location. However, these products are not managed by Roku, and we are not able to provide further information. You'd want to contact Telstra support directly for more details. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

2 of our Roku+ devices won't let us watch Amazon Prime anymore...just the last 2 days. Amazon starts to load, the page blinks a few times then goes to a blank screen. The one other Roku we have still works with Amazon.We have tried every suggestion to get it working again. We still have time to return the Roku devices so we will do that if it isn't fixed.

0 Kudos