Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

I apologize for any incorrect information you may have been given, but that is simply not the case. Each channel provider determines the regions in which their channel will be available on the Roku platform—Roku does not control this. 

You will need to follow up with Amazon Prime support to share your interest in seeing their channel available on Roku in your location, if it is not appearing as on option to add. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@LGCONTI wrote:
Hello @RokuTannerD , I am using Roku Stick+ in Brazil, where Amazon Video Prime is available, but I cannot install this channel, therefore I contacted Amazon and they said it is not their call, but Roku that is holding the channel to be used in Brazil through Roku. Can you please help us here?
Thank you

Amazon isn't being accurate in their response to you. Roku does not control which geographic area a channel is available. That is done solely by the channel developer, in this case Amazon. There are many instances of a provider such as Amazon or Netflix offering their services in a particular country, but not on a Roku player. And only they can change that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Cynsmyth
Level 7

Jump to solution

So my Roku Model is N1000 and Software is 3.1.  Is that supported or not?  (For Amazon Prime Video)

I have preformed software update, and I did a factory reset.  During the reset process, Amazon Prime is a choice of channel to install. 

When I open the channel on my Roku, I get this message:  "We're unable to connect to Amazon Instant Video.  Please try again in a few minutes or contact Amazon.com Customer Service at 1-877-443-1958"

When I call this number, it says it is out of service.  When I go to the Amazon Prime Video support page and try a search on "Roku",  absolutely NO articles come up about Roku.

0 Kudos
Cynsmyth
Level 7

Jump to solution

So my Roku Model is N1000 and Software is 3.1.  Is that supported or not?  (For Amazon Prime Video)

I have preformed software update, and I did a factory reset.  During the reset process, Amazon Prime is a choice of channel to install. 

When I open the channel on my Roku, I get this message:  "We're unable to connect to Amazon Instant Video.  Please try again in a few minutes or contact Amazon.com Customer Service at 1-877-443-1958"

When I call this number, it says it is out of service.  When I go to the Amazon Prime Video support page and try a search on "Roku",  absolutely NO articles come up about Roku.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Cynsmyth wrote:

Oh my heavens. The N1000 was the very first Roku player released. It was released 11 1/2 years ago. I was under the impression that it only worked with Netflix, but overall, no that player is not compatible with almost any current channel. Sorry, but you really need to update that player. Notice your software version is 3.1. The current Roku OS is now 9.2. That box won't run anything designed for the current OS versions. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
grahamh
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi there, I have a 3500X stick and although Prime Video appears in the channel store and I can install it, I then get a message saying my device is incompatible. Can anyone please confirm that's the case? Thanks very much!

0 Kudos