Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aavidrose
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video on Roku 3?

Jump to solution

I was just told today by Amazon customer service that their latest update does not support the Roku 3. So now what am I supposed to do? Is this just their way to force people to upgrade?

[Title updated]

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

[Update] The temporary issue affecting Amazon Prime Video has been resolved. Please try launching the channel again. 

--------------------------

Hello there, 

Thanks for the notes. Let me start by clarifying—we definitely still support the Amazon Prime Video channel, including Roku 3 model devices. It appears there may have been some misinformation provided by a support representative in this case. (There are some older, legacy Roku device models that Amazon Prime Video no longer supports, including the N1050/1101 and the 2000 series devices.) 

We are currently aware of a technical issue occurring the Prime Video channel on Roku devices at the moment. We have alerted the channel provider to the issue, and they are currently investigating. Please follow up with Amazon Prime Video support for additional information and updates. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I apologize for any incorrect information you may have been given, but that is simply not the case. Each channel provider determines the regions in which their channel will be available on the Roku platform—Roku does not control this. 

You will need to follow up with Amazon Prime support to share your interest in seeing their channel available on Roku in your location, if it is not appearing as on option to add. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution

@LGCONTI wrote:
Hello @RokuTannerD , I am using Roku Stick+ in Brazil, where Amazon Video Prime is available, but I cannot install this channel, therefore I contacted Amazon and they said it is not their call, but Roku that is holding the channel to be used in Brazil through Roku. Can you please help us here?
Thank you

Amazon isn't being accurate in their response to you. Roku does not control which geographic area a channel is available. That is done solely by the channel developer, in this case Amazon. There are many instances of a provider such as Amazon or Netflix offering their services in a particular country, but not on a Roku player. And only they can change that. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AznHisoka
Level 7

Jump to solution

It feels like all these media companies are fighting amongst themselves, and I wonder if this is Amazon trying to get rid of Roku as a competitor, since their Fire TV directly competes with Roku. First, Disney banning at Netflix ads, then Apple removing the Prime Video app from their App Store, now this?!!

Debi
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ours just quit working today too! Works on iPad but not on Roku! What does that mean, ‘they don’t support it?’ What are we supposed to do?!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution

I watched Amazon on my Ultra two days ago without issue. I just tried it on my Sharp Roku TV, and the channel won't load. It just drops back to my home screen. Not working on a Roku 3 might be explainable but not wanting to support the older hardware. But my Sharp is a current 4K model, and certainly supports the latest versions of channels and OSs. I'm using it as my telework computer screen right now, so can't try the remove/reboot/install to see if that fixes it. But if this is Amazon getting into a device war over this, I will absolutely be getting in Amazon's face about this. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

[Update] The temporary issue affecting Amazon Prime Video has been resolved. Please try launching the channel again. 

--------------------------

Hello there, 

Thanks for the notes. Let me start by clarifying—we definitely still support the Amazon Prime Video channel, including Roku 3 model devices. It appears there may have been some misinformation provided by a support representative in this case. (There are some older, legacy Roku device models that Amazon Prime Video no longer supports, including the N1050/1101 and the 2000 series devices.) 

We are currently aware of a technical issue occurring the Prime Video channel on Roku devices at the moment. We have alerted the channel provider to the issue, and they are currently investigating. Please follow up with Amazon Prime Video support for additional information and updates. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

Ktemi
Level 7

Jump to solution
Mine has stopped working today aswel
0 Kudos
Jdpeders
Level 7

Jump to solution
I had the same issue and went through the normal uninstall-reboot-reinstall sequence without success. I called customer service and there is an issue with the Prime Video app for Roku that they are trying to fix. They said all customers will be notified when it is back online.
0 Kudos
DubLVision
Level 7

Jump to solution
Running a Roku 3. Same thing happened to me this morning too...but it just came back within the last 15 min.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution

Yes, Amazon has restored whatever they broke on their side. My Roku TV is now working again as well. 

Dan
0 Kudos
LGCONTI
Level 8

Jump to solution
Hello @RokuTannerD , I am using Roku Stick+ in Brazil, where Amazon Video Prime is available, but I cannot install this channel, therefore I contacted Amazon and they said it is not their call, but Roku that is holding the channel to be used in Brazil through Roku. Can you please help us here?
Thank you
0 Kudos