Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ady_4891
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video not working on TCL Roku TV

Hi ,I am facing issues with playing any video on amazon prime from my Roku TV. The video works fine for 2-3 minutes and then start buffering and hanging. I am not seeing this issues with any other streaming channel. I have tried everything including Reboot and reinstalling the app but that doesn't help.

TCL Roku TV Version 43S305 
Software Version - 8.1.0 build 4139-48.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime Video not working on TCL Roku TV

When reinstalling the app, did you do all of these steps in this order?

1. Remove the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Reinstall the app

Any other way won't be a clean removal/reinstallation.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ady_4891
Level 7

"Basil" wrote:
When reinstalling the app, did you do all of these steps in this order?

1. Remove the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Reinstall the app

Any other way won't be a clean removal/reinstallation.

I actually did all these steps couple of times but it does not help.
0 Kudos
dutch284
Level 7

I am having this same problem! Did you ever figure out a solution?
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

I don't have a Roku TV (Yet), but I noticed on my Roku Ultra last night while streaming an episode of the British version of Wipeout via Prime Video that the content was playing normally, but suddenly exited back to the Roku home screen for some reason. I am not certain on this, but I read a few weeks ago that Amazon was/is working on a completely new UI for their android app. While the article I read made no mention of Roku or other connected devices, I would assume if their doing a total redesign of their UI on one platform, others are probably in line as well with the exception of Amazon's own Fire TV platform, which is akin to how Fandango Now's content is displayed on Roku in that it is not a standalone app, but content is integrated into the platform's home screen.

I streamed part of a George Carlin stand up show on prime video tonight and it didn't exit at all while I was streaming it so maybe it was a glitch, but I wouldn't dismiss the likelihood of an update for prime being in the works
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I have two Roku TVs, although neither are the TCL brand. I use Amazon on a daily basis and don't have a problem. I'm not saying it couldn't be a problem specific to TCL, but it is working fine on other TVs. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"atc98092" wrote:
I have two Roku TVs, although neither are the TCL brand. I use Amazon on a daily basis and don't have a problem. I'm not saying it couldn't be a problem specific to TCL, but it is working fine on other TVs. 

I don't own a TCL television (Yet), but I have heard nothing, but good things about the brand. The main issue for me when I buy a new TV in the HD era is to make sure I buy one that is capable of adjusting the picture to a 4:3 aspect ratio for non-HD content. I watch a ton of classic content on YouTube, WWE Network, and other services and if there is one thing I find particularly annoying, its the borders on the side of the screen for non-HD content. At least Amazon has upgraded almost all of George Carlin's non-HD stand-up shows to HD so I don't have to adjust the TV in my office to watch that. I have a 60" TV in my living room that doesn't have decent modes to address the aspect ratio problem and whenever I try watching something from either of the services I've mentioned that has not been upgraded, it chops off the bottom of the picture. Very frustrating, but I've heard that TCL is good for that so hopefully, when the time comes I won't have a problem.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

But the borders on either side of 4:3 content is necessary on a 16:9 set if you want the image geometry to remain correct. If you stretch it out to fill the 16:9 screen, you are distorting the geometry. You aren't getting any more or better of an image, and depending on the content it can look really strange. Or am I misunderstanding what you want the screen to do? I'm fairly certain that my two Roku TVs don't alter the image geometry unless I specifically change the format setting. But then I don't think my Panasonic or Samsung TVs do either. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem,  "Amazon Prime Video Help equals no help". When trying to load Prime on the TV a message appears  that says that there is insufficient space and to delete some other streaming channels. This does not fix the problem. Neither does resetting the Comcast-Xfinity modem or turning everything off and then on.
Prior to this everything worked OK. Prime loads easily on my laptop, no problem. Netflix never has a problem. My TV is a Roku-TCL.
Mike
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"michaelmorris" wrote:
 I have the exact same problem,  "Amazon Prime Video Help equals no help". When trying to load Prime on the TV a message appears  that says that there is insufficient space and to delete some other streaming channels. This does not fix the problem. Neither does resetting the Comcast-Xfinity modem or turning everything off and then on.
Prior to this everything worked OK. Prime loads easily on my laptop, no problem. Netflix never has a problem. My TV is a Roku-TCL.
Mike

So the message space bug that bit the Roku Express is also affecting TCL Roku TV? Hmmm...

Let me ask for clarification on something. Are you saying you're trying to install the Prime Video app by Amazon? Or it's installed, but you're getting an error message? The message you're reporting has occurred previously on some Roku Express devices running OS 9.0, and it was when apps were being installed, not actually launched. So, some clarification might be in order.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos