Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tygmos

Re: Amazon Prime Models Supported

Jump to solution

I got the email offering a discount on a new Roku if I log into my Roku account. Did that. When I go to check out, there is NOTHING in my cart....no matter how many times I try! Anyone???

0 Kudos
Annie999

Re: prime not working on some roku units

Jump to solution

I got the same and was in a rush so didn’t think it over and bought the new one (just to have on hand). Then I panicked and thought I might have given out my info in a phishing email. After lots of searching here and on Amazon’s page I got no answers. 

however, I logged onto the roku app on my phone and logged into my roku account through the app. Then looked at my accounts past purchase (none until today). Under products I saw the new roku I purchased today for $10. So it seems legit. I’d post a screenshot here but don’t see any option for that. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Models ending in X have nothing to do with it. That is simply a code Roku uses for their distribution network. You might also see an R or an RW. It's the four digit number that means anything.

I haven't received such an email, but the only player I have that old has been buried in a drawer for years. Those older players simply don't have the processing power to run many of the latest channels. From the text I've seen in another thread, they are all players that are from 2014 or earlier. Many other channels won't work on them either, such as Disney+ or HBO Max as two examples.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Amazon Prime Models Supported

Jump to solution

@RollingDoc wrote:

Right, which one to replace... the express is being 'given away' more or less.

Replace any Roku on the Amazon no-longer-supported list -- 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X

If you need to find your model number go to Roku menu path Settings > System > About

I concur with the suggestions to get the Express 4K+.  It is a much more capable unit, and it works with both HD and 4K TVs, giving you an upgrade path if you have HD now but upgrade to 4K later.

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
makaiguy

Jump to solution

You can find your model number from your Roku home screen.  Menu path Settings > System > About. 

Amazon has announced they are dropping support for older Roku models  3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

I got the same email and have been trying to find out if the email is legit???

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Amazon Prime Video no longer available on this Roku model?

Jump to solution

@txwingfoot  @grammy2shoes 

Yes, its legit, Amazon is dropping Prime app support from older Roku models (services and manufacturers do this from time to time - its normal).

Try the upgrade offer, or buy any other currently available Roku model of your choice at Roku.com or Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon/etc.

I recommend the $30-40 Express 4K+, not the Express (even with the $10 upgrade offer).

HeyJax01

What ROKU devices if any will be compatible with Amazon Prime Service after November 1, 2021

Jump to solution

Amazon just sent me a notification stating they will no longer support 12 ROKU devices after November 1st, 2021.  3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X, is this not all of your current devices?

I just purchased a device because I was having issues and told I needed to update it.  What ROKU device will be able to stream Amazon Prime movies if any?

Re: Amazon Prime Video no longer available on this Roku model?

Jump to solution

I also received the email from Amazon, and confirmed with customer assistance at Amazon that the the roku software will no longer be compatible with Amazon Prime on those roku devices.  Unfortunately, my research of the recommended roku device (roku express) is that the customer satisfaction is much lower than with my current roku.  Sounds like spending more money on what is actually a downgrade in quality, not an upgrade. 

I'm wondering if anyone has any information on additional streaming channels that will also be incompatible?  Hulu? Netflix?  

0 Kudos
lotusone
Channel Surfer

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

My impression is that they are pushing users on to devices with active voice monitoring which for some of us raises privacy issues.