Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

@MizzSAs I read your post, I thought it was going to end: "just another reason to ditch Amazon altogether."  You said your Roku is working fine for all other channels.  It was Amazon that decided to change their software to not to support your Roku.

anode505
Streaming Star

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

Amazon screws your Prim so ditch Roku?  I don't follow that logic.  RoKu didn't screw you or disable all the other channels, AMAZON DID.  Ditch Amazon!!!!

Amazon's app was pure **bleep**e!!!!  Worst on Roku.  Don't see why the uproar of the the loos af a pile of stinking poo.

The only app that got hosed was one that has *IT's OWN* streaming hardware.

Wake the Frig up!!!!  It is Amazon's greed; not roku that you are upset with.  Focus.

0 Kudos
Lyn3

Jump to solution

Thanks, Strega.  Just my luck.  The link isn't working for me - says it's experiencing a problem.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lyn3  My link was to this thread, so somehow you got here. 

0 Kudos
Rick61

Jump to solution

I received the same notification.  I might understand if my Roku was 10+ years old but I only got it about 5 years ago.  Amazon Prime is mostly pay to watch anyway.  I won't miss it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have a TLC Roku TV.  Can I use a new Roku device?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@2000163164502, If the question is, "Do you need to?", then the answer depends on what you're trying to accomplish.  I assume this TV is one of the devices that Amazon no longer supports.  In that case the answer is absolutely.  You just connect the Roku device the same way you'd connect a Blu-ray player, game console, etc., and select the proper input.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chrigid
Binge Watcher

Re: Amazon Prime Models Supported

Jump to solution

Is there any way to tell if you're buying something that's been sitting in a warehouse for umpteen years? I've only had my now prime-unworthy Roku for 3 years.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chrigid

Thanks for the inquiry.

What specific Roku model device are you using? This information can be found in Settings > System > About.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pekkle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes there is a cable box.

0 Kudos