Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Amazon Prime Video in Brazil

Jump to solution
Hi, Amazon Prime is available in Brazil since December 2016.

Any chances we get the Amazon app working on Roku devices? Currently it is not available to install.

Thanks for your attention.
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Amazon Prime Video in Brazil

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you had a Roku account prior to our official launch in that region, your account is likely not located in the newly launched Brazil region channel store, for access to the correct channel selection. You'll need to create a new Roku account at my.roku.com from your Brazil-located internet connection in order to create an account in the correct region. 

Then, you'll factory reset your devices to remove them from your current account, and go through the setup process to link them to your new account. From there, you will then see the correct selection of channels officially available in your location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Prime Video working on Brazil, but not on my Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you had a Roku account prior to our official launch in that region, your account is likely not located in the newly launched Brazil region channel store, for access to the correct channel selection. You'll need to create a new Roku account at my.roku.com from your Brazil-located internet connection in order to create an account in the correct region. 

Then, you'll factory reset your devices to remove them from your current account, and go through the setup process to link them to your new account. From there, you will then see the correct selection of channels officially available in your location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution
Up to Amazon to make that choice. I am thinking since Amazon would have to enable the channel for all regions to get it to work in Brazil, they will not want to. Keep in mind Roku is officially not supported in Brazil, so Amazon might not want to support an unsupported product in your region.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
I see. Thanks.

I contacted Amazon and aparently me they are working to get the device working here in Brazil.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hello Douglas, I have same issue. Do you have contact at Amazon?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
I came just to warn that we are on November 2018 and problem is not solved yet. Sadly...
Highlighted

Jump to solution
We are in October 2019 and the issue still persists. Did anyone can solve it?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@brunoanunciacao wrote:
We are in October 2019 and the issue still persists. Did anyone can solve it?

Nothing to solve. Amazon has to authorize Roku as a permitted device in that geographical area. There's nothing Roku can do about it. Amazon has to update their Roku channel to allow it to work in that region. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It’s 2020 and Brazil is still waiting for Amazon and Roku to make Amazon Prime available. 

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Julia2020 wrote:

It’s 2020 and Brazil is still waiting for Amazon and Roku to make Amazon Prime available. 

It's up to Amazon. Roku has no control over what country any particular channel works in. So it's Amazon you need to continue to contact. Posting here unfortunately will accomplish nothing. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Long time has gone e so far no solutions. Amazon prime still does not works at Roku Devices in Brazil. So sad.