Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglaslps
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video in Brazil

Hi, Amazon Prime is available in Brazil since December 2016.

Any chances we get the Amazon app working on Roku devices? Currently it is not available to install.

Thanks for your attention.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime Video in Brazil

Up to Amazon to make that choice. I am thinking since Amazon would have to enable the channel for all regions to get it to work in Brazil, they will not want to. Keep in mind Roku is officially not supported in Brazil, so Amazon might not want to support an unsupported product in your region.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
douglaslps
Level 7

I see. Thanks.

I contacted Amazon and aparently me they are working to get the device working here in Brazil.
0 Kudos
lftoledo
Level 7

Hello Douglas, I have same issue. Do you have contact at Amazon?
0 Kudos

I came just to warn that we are on November 2018 and problem is not solved yet. Sadly...
0 Kudos

We are in October 2019 and the issue still persists. Did anyone can solve it?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

@brunoanunciacao wrote:
We are in October 2019 and the issue still persists. Did anyone can solve it?

Nothing to solve. Amazon has to authorize Roku as a permitted device in that geographical area. There's nothing Roku can do about it. Amazon has to update their Roku channel to allow it to work in that region. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos