Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blaughtmon
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video Won't Start

Same problem here. Just bought a Roku Ultra and I cannot get the Prime app to load ANYTHING. I've tried every "fix" under the sun (btw I work in IT so I know what I am talking about). This is the main reason I bought this streaming device after Google Chromecast failed miserably. Are there any streaming devices that actually work properly? Maybe someone that is still on this site will direct me towards a streaming device that actually works.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Krisb60
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Video Won't Start On Roku Player 4620X

Don’t give up. Roku very good device. Raise this with customer service as I believe the fault of last week is resolved for all/most

0 Kudos
blaughtmon
Level 7

Yup it is still not fixed. Tried updating the app but there are no updates available. I guess I will just have to wait longer.

0 Kudos
Krisb60
Level 8

I'd still raise an issue with customer services to get this sorted quickly

0 Kudos
TG24
Level 7

Re: Amazon will not stream.

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Please try updating the channel by navigating to the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button and selecting Check for updates, and then seeing if this resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Please try updating the channel by navigating to the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button and selecting Check for updates, and then seeing if this resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

It’s July and I’m experiencing the same problem on TCL Roku TV.

every channel works properly except Amazon Prime which will periodically just go black or freeze after the second swish logo appears. The roku device locks and I have to revert to home.

I can click on every other channel except for Prime.

TCL suggested I contact you.

this is what I’ve done so far:

1. Checked for update several times

2. Deleted channel and redo

3. Turned off TV, FIOS, and the whole system and powered on.

Suggestions welcome 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

When you did #2, did you restart your TV from Settings->System->Power->System restart between removing it and adding it again?  If not, you didn't accomplish anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TG24
Level 7

I disconnected from power source 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting and update with Amazon prime playback issue to the Roku Community!

We believe that the issue is now resolved by Amazon. We recommend trying removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings > System > System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

In addition, please get the latest Amazon Prime channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 

If you are still having any issues with Amazon Prime after following these steps, kindly provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos