Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adviseme
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video Trouble does not load next video

Jump to solution

When watching Prime TV  it does not advance to next episode.  It like gets stuck -- then it completely expels me from site.  Can get back in and play but does it again at end of episode or movie.  Have tried to get help from Amazon but the Help site doesn't seem to be working.  Are you having these problems?  Started 11-12-19.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
me4
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Video Trouble

Jump to solution

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the channel?  Sometimes that works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
wallydog
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have also seen this the past couple of days . I have been experiencing  this on IMBD channel  .

0 Kudos
me4
Level 8

Jump to solution

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the channel?  Sometimes that works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
adviseme
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your post, finally able to get to Amz Help. They say buffering problem, but had that before and this isn't same.  Have you ever gotten a small icon box on the bottom left of the screen.  It is like something is trying to load or play.  Amz support is useless.

You mentioned IMDb -  I have never watched or subscribed but they recently attached an app/llink/icon to purchased TV and movies in my personal library of Amz Prime Video.  If I watch any of that content IMDb starts streaming all sorts of content and I have no way to control or stop it.  Again, support no help.

Again thanks for your comments really glad to know not only one w/problem.                                                     

Note:  1st time user here sorry if this inappropriate to respond.

0 Kudos
adviseme
Level 7

Jump to solution

At this point I'll try anything.  Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
TyY
Level 7

Jump to solution

Similar issue.  I get to the end of a TV episode on Amazon Prime.  I don't use auto-play.   I get the little box bottom-right for next episode, click OK on remote, it advances to next episode.  After that episode, it does same, little box bottom-right for next episode, click OK on remote, locks up.  Then I have to hit HOME button, restart Amazon Prime app, go to the TV show, it shows that I'm halfway through the show I already finished.  I have to fast forward that one to have it synch'd correctly, then the box bottom-right for next episode, click OK, next episode.  This is the pattern repeatedly.  This is brand new Express+ deal from Roku.com.  I also have a Roku Streaming Stick that does not have the problem.

0 Kudos
Konjaku
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having similar problem for several days now. Box comes up saying "X sec. to next episode", gets to 0 then freezes. Can't use remote back button, and have to use Home to start Prime Video over. Next episode does advance once sometimes, but then freezes for the next after that one. Yesterday had one program on a short pause, but then couldn't get it to play. Would like to know if this is a ROKU/remote problem, or Prime Video.

0 Kudos
adviseme
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you me4.  Finally tried this on Sunday, after more attempts w/Amazon Cust. Serv..   It is working.  Thanks from  adviseme.

0 Kudos
adviseme
Level 7

Jump to solution

Konjaku,  definitely not a problem w/Roku.  It is Prime.  me4 gave a solution that is currently working.  Delete and then re-install the Prime app.

Hope this helps you to. adviseme

0 Kudos
adviseme
Level 7

Jump to solution

Originally this problem occurred on every device I watch video on, but those eventually cleared.  Problem only remained on my TV.  I called Prime cust serv many times over two weeks with nothing but frustration.  The me4 solution is currently working.  Delete app and then re-install.

I believe Prime has a real issue somewhere, because after years of no problems now I'm plagued w/really strange stuff happening.   Otherwise, I love my Prime.

0 Kudos