Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Video Trouble

Jump to solution

I've tried that twice. Still didn't resolve the issue for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sweet mysteries of life. I've done nothing about the issue, while considering the suggestion to delete the app and reinstall, cuz it'd seem to require making a list of my watchlist, and making sure I wasn't billed for a re-installed period b4 my current bill cycle expired. All that said, for at least one day the problem has disappeared. Not a fan of conspiracy theories, but seems other comments make it clear this is an issue with Prime access via Roku streaming and not the Amazon stick. It's the Hollydaze shopping period dontchaknow. Problems with Roku?  Get an Amazon device. Gotta say tho, we have Spectrum cable which has its own issues with lapses in service, so may be another contributing factor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you reinstall, all you need to do is sign in again with your password.  Your watch list, etc. is saved.  You will not be re-billed for anything. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The thing about this is that I have the Roku streaming stick and don't have the problem.  If it was the app, wouldn't it be a problem on all the devices?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the Roku streaming stick and do have the problems like TyY has indicated. Intermittent response with the remote and the inability to effectively move around with it.  I also get a whole string of things to watch showing along the bottom half of the screen.  They come on just when the show is nearing the end and it messes up the viewing experience.  Looks like I will try the delete and reinstall solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is a variation on the broad theme.   Am using an Roku Express.   Has been working fine with Amazon Prime through 6/2/20.    On 6/3/20, it looks like Amazon pushed an upgrade to its app.  The interface style changed slightly.   And the video no longer worked.   Audio runs fine, but the video seems to freeze when it tries to load.  Every other channel on that box works fine.  Just finished working for about 2 hours with fairly useless Amazon Prime support.  Long story short, neither rebooting the Roku, unistalling/reinstalling Am Prime, updating the system, or resetting the system works.   Amazon eventually gave up and said it was a Roku problem.   Unlikely, since Netflix and others work fine.  Anybody with similar problems (recent)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, this also is happening to me.  I have just stopped watching Amazon Prime, hoping this is something Amazon will catch up to eventually.  It makes sense that this could be a software upgrade.

Has anyone discovered a fix for this problem, or had any success with reporting to Amazon?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@psb @helpwanted 

Thanks for the post.

Please make sure when removing the channel that you restart the device before adding it back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

We have done what you said multiple times during a 2.5 hour chat with no less than 5 Amazon Prime customer service reps.  We also cleared the data cache in a restart...remove channel..clear cache...restart..add channel..restart sequence.   Amazon Prime still doesn't work.

Amazon finally gave up and told us to call Roku customer service since it was clearly their problem.  Of course, the phone number didn't work because you've disabled customer service because of germs going down the phone lines I guess.

Roku and AP need to talk to get this resolved instead of pointing the finger and hoping that one or the other company will push and update that fixes this.   Not good business to let it fester.