Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video Search missing

Jump to solution

I have a Roku SE, but per google I am not the only one.   See https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ezulrj/amazon_prime_search_function_missing/
see link below - I see pretty much the same thing.  The only difference is that I have 2 Channel boxes but no Search. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Channel, same result.  What is really irksome is if I hit the Star key, I get a drop down with Search, but I can't click on it.

I see Movies, TV Shows, Prime Video, Channels, Channels, Rent or Buy, Watch Next, Your Watch List, Your Video Lib, Amazon Music, Help & Settings

It looks like Channels somehow has replaced Search, here is the link from reddit, instead of 2 Channels, they have 2 Watch Next.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video Search missing

Jump to solution

I have found a workaround, it is just kind of irksome.

If you hit the star key, I see a pullout with everything where it is suppose to be.  I just have to hit down until Search is hilighted.  Select it, and I can search again

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I deleted Amazon Prime from my Roku box, and added it back. No help. I see there is another topic that Amazon says their app is no longer compatible with Roku 3 boxes. When I called Amazon, I was told that the Roku boxes update their Apps automatically, so in the past few days, the app for my Roku must have quit working. So with no Search option in Amazon Roku, I either use the search option in Amazon on my TiVo or on the Amazon website. There I choose to add a new HBO movie each Saturday to my watchlist. Then back to Roku and it appears on watchlist. Amazon says no other option for now. Perhaps Amazon wants to force you to also buy their Fire streaming device.

This is what I told the Amazon rep: The Search option has disappeared from within Amazon Prime app on my Roku player. I have tried Roku options for reset and for update. Also, Roku has a generic Search that lists all the streaming services that should have a movie that you input. If you then click on the Amazon choice (Such as Shaft via HBO), Amazon Prime opens but no new HBO choices such as Shaft.
This is not a problem with my TiVo box. I bought the Roku, TiVo and several streaming services from Amazon.  #amazon prime

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have found a workaround, it is just kind of irksome.

If you hit the star key, I see a pullout with everything where it is suppose to be.  I just have to hit down until Search is hilighted.  Select it, and I can search again

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

SUPER. I am so glad you figured something out! Since Amazon rep was of no help to me, I hope other Roku/Amazon customers find your workaround on this website. THANK YOU. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos