Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
deke40
Level 9

Amazon Prime Video Not Loading

Jump to solution

I have 5 Roku TVs and Prime will not start on them.  Used one of my Firestick backups and it connects to Prime with no problems.

[Title edited]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Prime Video

Jump to solution

[Update] This issue should now be resolved. Please try launching the channel again. You may also try restarting your device, then launching the channel once more. 

----------------------

Hi everyone,

We are currently aware of a technical issue occurring in the Prime Video channel on Roku devices at the moment. We have alerted the channel provider to the issue, and they are currently investigating.

Please follow up with Amazon Prime Video support for additional information and support in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

20 Replies
AznHisoka
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.

Tried deleting the app, restarting TV/Roku, re-installing.

And all types of permutations/combinations: Restarting THEN deleting, reinstalling THEN restarting, etc. 

None work

0 Kudos
peterac
Level 7

Jump to solution

Noticed today Monday 10/7/19 that Amazon Prime Video will not work on my Streaming Stick+ (via Wifi) or Roku Ultra (via Ethernet). Just circles back to Roku main menu.

I have rebooted all devices multiples times (routers, devices) and removed the Prime app 3x and reinstalled. Same issue. Just circles back to Roku menu.

I am in North Carolina on Charter/Spectrum.

All other services work and BTW Amazon Prime Video works on my Firestick and Firestick Cube just fine on same TV's. One of these uses an Ethernet connection and other is Wifi.

Amazon Prime also works fine on my Windows 8.1 PC

Tried connecting to other router in house--no change.

And there are no updates for Roku waiting to be installed.

So I think it is a glitch somewhere in Roku that will resolve itself.

Peter

0 Kudos
deke40
Level 9

Jump to solution

Downdetector.com is up to over 400 reports and climbing.  Looks like a Roku problem.

0 Kudos
Lsulangley
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime not working on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution
Same exact issue. Tried the fix and still having the problem.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@deke40 wrote:

Downdetector.com is up to over 400 reports and climbing.  Looks like a Roku problem.

Nope, not Roku. They haven't released any OS updates in the last couple of days.

EDIT: OK, we now know it's just an issue with Amazon at the moment. Nothing nefarious, and I'm sure Amazon will get it restored as quickly as they can. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

[Update] This issue should now be resolved. Please try launching the channel again. You may also try restarting your device, then launching the channel once more. 

----------------------

Hi everyone,

We are currently aware of a technical issue occurring in the Prime Video channel on Roku devices at the moment. We have alerted the channel provider to the issue, and they are currently investigating.

Please follow up with Amazon Prime Video support for additional information and support in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

deke40
Level 9

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@deke40 wrote:

Nope, not Roku. They haven't released any OS updates in the last couple of days. And I for one am going to start burning Amazon's ears about this. 

[Content edited per Roku Forums Guidelines]

Luckily I bought 3 upscale Firesticks last time they were on sale.  Have them on 3 of our Tv's.  I had just started Goliath and would be pissed if I couldn't finish it.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@deke40 wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

@deke40 wrote:

Nope, not Roku. They haven't released any OS updates in the last couple of days. And I for one am going to start burning Amazon's ears about this. 

[Content edited per Roku Forums Guidelines]

Luckily I bought 3 upscale Firesticks last time they were on sale.  Have them on 3 of our Tv's.  I had just started Goliath and would be pissed if I couldn't finish it.

I don't have any Fire TV devices, as they can't do anything my Roku players can't do. And I don't care for the Amazon-centric interface. But I have Amazon Prime available on my Smart TVs, and my Shield, so I can ride out this problem. I'm sure Amazon will get it restored as quickly as possible.

Just an FYI for everyone: I tested Prime Music, and it still works fine. So I'm sure Amazon will get Prime Video working again.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Csf
Level 7

Jump to solution
Was on the phone an hour with amazon prime. After going through everything they finally told me it was a problem with Roku. Any updates to report?
0 Kudos