Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasW
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

Unfortunately, that solution won't work for me, as I can only use AV cables with my TV and Roku Express+.

0 Kudos
vadkufl
Level 7

@gallman1969 Thanks! Yeah, so this didn't entirely fix my issue (since I want to keep my AV for my older home theater system), but I used your info to glitch it back into working at least for now. I plugged the Roku unit both via HDMI and AV, switched over to the HDMI source, and restarted it. When I opened the app, it worked as expected, so then I switched back to the AV source and it worked fine (technically, I think it was still black the first time, but it was good the second time I switched over). It's been working ok so far, so fingers crossed.

And yeah, at the end of the day this should totally get fixed. Just glad to have a workaround for now. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
flowerpower
Level 9

Same here, thanks for the posting - I now know that it's not just me.

FYI - For those of you with only AV options, you can always get an AV-to-HDMI converter for $15.

0 Kudos
gmlaycock
Level 7

Same issue: audio only, no video, cannot use HDMI output due to using an old 4:3 TV. Worked fine last week. Paid to rent a video and it won’t play. 

3910RW Roku Express+
v9.3.0 build 4194-51

0 Kudos
flowerpower
Level 9

According to Amazon tech support, this is an Amazon bug and they are working on. They even refunded me $5.00 for the inconvenience.  As of today, no ETA on a fix.

tfaiers
Level 7

Same here, same problem, waiting for the 'fix'

0 Kudos
Zanne
Level 7

Great, thanks for the info. You are the first person to have had any feedback on this!!

0 Kudos
psychologiste
Level 7

But, for me at least, it only happens with my roku.  Amazon Prime Video is working fine on my computer, so there's no reason to think the problem is the the Prime app and not with the roku.

0 Kudos
psychologiste
Level 7

Didn't work for me.  I spent literally hours on the phone with Amazon support.  We tried everything.  Nothing made the slightest bit of difference.

0 Kudos
flowerpower
Level 9

I chatted with Amazon Support and they admited it's their issue, hence the app that they maintain on the Roku platform.

0 Kudos