Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikski
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

As of 3pm on Monday June 15, 2020 Amazon prime video is again working on my roku Express+. 

Shootme
Level 7

Keeps happening tme as well. Spent an hour on the phone with Amazon, but uts like first they've heard.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Shootme 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with more information? What Roku model device are you using? What exactly are you seeing when you are experiencing this issue?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sinnerfly
Level 7

I just started having this exact issue. Started today. My Roku express+ updated on 8/8. I tried remove/reboot/re add channel. No luck

0 Kudos
ThomasW
Level 8

This issue -- i.e. getting sound but no picture on Amazon Prime Video -- has started again today on Roku Express+.

Trying all the troubleshooting procedures results in no fixes.

0 Kudos
Zanne
Level 7

Same issue, started last night.

0 Kudos
gallman1969
Level 8

Your recommendation to uninstall/reinstall the app does not solve the issue.  I am using a 3910RW - Roku Express+ with software version 9.3.0 build 4194.51 and am have the same problem as others:  Audio only and Video is blank.  If you fast forward you can see video but once you stop to play it goes stays with the Audio only and Blank screen for video.  This issue just occurred within the last few days and is occurring on two of my 3910RW - Roku Express+ boxes but not on my Roku USB which is still on version 9.2.0.  I hope this added information is of help.

ecomella
Level 7

I am having the same problem with my Roku Express 3910RW. Hopefully both Roku developers and Amazon Prime Video developers are working to fix this issue. I get audio and a gray screen, no video. I watched an Amazon Prime video earlier this week so this problem cropped up recently. Netflix works fine. I first noticed the lack of video on Friday August 14, 2020.

0 Kudos
gallman1969
Level 8

Oddly enough, instead of using the Roku AV cables as I have been with my tube tv, I took the unit and hooked it up to a HDTV via a HDMI cable and I was able to have audio and video for the Amazon Prime Video App.  So it must be a bug in the Roku software that is blocking out the video on the AV cables.  

ecomella
Level 7

gallman1969, Great thanks. That worked for me. I found the HDMI cable that came with the Roku Express and now I have audio and video. I was using an A/B switch because I had AV cables for both the Roku and a DVD player. Now I don't need the A/B switch any longer as I can switch the flat screen TV itself from HDMI to AV depending on whether I want to watch from the Roku or a DVD. I really appreciate your posting your solution.

0 Kudos