Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Prime Video not staying logged in

Jump to solution

As of 7/30/2020 - This is a widespread issue affecting many users on multiple devices (but not all) and is related to Amazon Prime app adding ability to switch profiles. Other Roku forum posts have also reported it.

I submitted Roku service request ID3631619

The Roku response had steps that do not fix the problem (scroll to bottom for Roku's response steps), I replied with the following...

Hi John, the issue persists.

I tried again using these steps just to confirm and those instructions do not work.

I have followed those instructions exactly, several times and it doesn't fix the problem.

There are dozens of recent entries in the Roku user forum reporting this issue and many, many people have tried these exact steps and many others steps as well.

I know you are only following the instructions provided to you so I don't hold it against you, but please understand this is a system problem impacting multiple users across different devices. Please escalate and ask the senior technology people to read the Roku user forums.

This happened most recently when Amazon Prime Video added the ability for multiple user profiles to their app. There is a problem with either:

a. Amazon Prime Video app
b. Roku's software
c. the way the device, software, or app are communicating with Amazon

Please let your leadership know this is a widespread system or software issue.

I appreciate your work on this.

Thank you,

On Jul 30, 2020, at 01:03, Roku support <customersupport@roku.com> wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Roku
Hello ****,

It’s been a while since we've heard from you, so this automated message is here to remind you that we're looking forward to your response on the ticket you requested. If we don’t hear back from you in 3 days, well assume it’s safe to mark the ticket as resolved.

In case you forgot, here's what your ticket was about:

John Daniel, Jul 27, 2020, 10:48 PM PDT:
Hello ****​,

Thank you for waiting while we looked into the reported issue. We may have a fix for you. Please follow the below steps and see if you are able to resolve:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
2. Remove the Roku device from your Amazon account
3. Power cycle your Roku by disconnecting it from power and reconnecting it
4. Add the channel to your Roku.

Steps to remove and re-add the channel to your Roku can be found here:

https://support.roku.com/article/232010488 (How do I remove channels from my Roku® streaming device?)
https://support.roku.com/article/208756388 (How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?)

Steps to remove Roku from Amazon account:

From the Amazon website, go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
Login with your Amazon account credentials.
Click Devices.
Select Deregister.

Thanks,
Roku Customer Support

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku won't save amazon prime login information

Jump to solution

Hi Danny please see service request ID 3631619, should provide the info you requested.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video Login Issue

Jump to solution

Tried the “Solution” twice to no avail. This is extremely frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New 2020 Roku Express makes me activate Amazon Prime daily

Jump to solution

Since connecting my new Roku Express 3390x, I am asked to activate Amazon Prime daily when I first select that channel. What a pain! Can anybody point me to a thread explaining why this is and/or (more importantly) how to fix the issue? I must be missing something. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: New 2020 Roku Express makes me activate Amazon Prime daily

Jump to solution

How are you powering the roku? Is it connected to a wall outlet or the tv's usb port?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

-Roku device model - 4670x Ultra
-serial number - YJ0016636086
-device ID - KW9881636086
-software OS/version - 9.3.0 build 4170-46
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what version/build is the channel

Version 11.4 Build 2020060412

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve been through all this with Prime on my Roku Express too. We all know that the uninstall, reset, reinstall lists don’t work. This is very frustrating! How do we solve this? Amazon Prime has even less customer support available than Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Possible solution/workaround: Deactivate Screensaver on Roku. Please try it and respond if it works or not. Totally random by accident, noticed Prime login stopped working immediately after the Roku screensaver kicked in. I deactivated the screensaver altogether and Prime has not logged me out for 5 days. Previously it lasted 2 days at most. If this works for others, maybe Roku can figure out the issue. Good luck everyone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime Video not staying logged in

Jump to solution

Tried the uninstall, reinstall, hard reset etc solutions and they have not solved this problem.  The issue correlates to Amazon's multiple-user app update in July, as many people have already noted, and none of the typical solutions proposed in months/years past work to address it.  In my opinion this is an Amazon issue -- the problem did not exist before they changed the app in July.   

0 Kudos