Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Why do I need to re-enter a code Everytime I watch prime video

Jump to solution

For the past two or three weeks every time I try to watch Amazon prime on my Roku player I have to go to amazon.com/mytv and enter a "one time" code. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Amazon prime. I do not have this problem with any other devices. What gives

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why do I need to re-enter a code Everytime I watch prime video

Jump to solution

I just discovered this today. The website wants a credit card number 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Why do I need to re-enter a code Everytime I watch prime video

Jump to solution
This may or may not help, but the recommended procedure for reinstalling a channel app is:
● Remove the channel
● Restart the Roku to make sure the memory is cleared out
● Reinstall the channel
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video Login Issue

Jump to solution

Solution does not work; removing the Prime Video app, restarting Roku, does not work. Each time you return to Prime Video, say after watching Netflix or Vudu, etc, and you go back to Prime Video, you r asked to register your device all over again. VERY FRUSTRATING. 7/25/20 and problem has been going on for several weeks. 

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Could not Agree more. I pay a Prime Membership, and Im about to make a call. Will update if any solution is found.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku won't save amazon prime login information

Jump to solution

This started happening to me too a few days ago.  Wondering if anyone's figured out the issue yet.  

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Interesting about the password change instruction. It is so obvious that they have been majorly hacked and that they cannot fess up to it along with the fact that they can’t fix it while continuing to take our money.  Either that or their genius engineers caused this in their programing by accident. I cannot stand first tier techs who know about issues but send people off on labor intensive tech ridiculous task oriented assignments that they know are useless in the first place. Slime balls. Not only do we pay these companies for shutting us down, but we are forced to solve our own IT issues because they lie to us to keep us paying for services they can’t deliver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I prefer to think of that consciousness  as realism. Too bad that their Fire Equipment fizzle out rapidly. They literally fry in after very little usage. Hence the name “fire”.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yeah, at the time I felt it was their variation of 'restart your computer' but I went ahead and jumped through their hoops like a well trained dog.  I feel like the problem may be buried in their app code and they are too lazy to go in and find the glitch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku won't save amazon prime login information

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with the following information so we can investigate this issue further:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-summary of the issue you are experiencing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)