Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Video Login Issue

Jump to solution

So, how is Roku causing the same problem to occur on my LG Smart TV app when there is no Roku attached?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime Video now making me reauthenticate daily.

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue as well. Every day or so I have reauthenticate the Roku.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Good question. My first thought is more than one problem.  We have Sony and Samsung smart TVs. And a Samsung DVR with apps. These work fine. Samsung cells work fine with the app. Google FI works fine. Samsung tablets work fine. Windows PCs work fine.

Roku Model 3810x and Model 4660X fail and both have current updates. These fail.

My thinking is Roku provides a tunneling service that creates a peer to peer link between the provider and the Roku. Somewhere in the tunnel, Roku sets up a signature to define a handshake link between Amazon and the Roku. The signature establishes a token to pass between broadcast streams.  Since the Prime app fails immediately, the token is corrupted. Maybe LG and Roku use a similar tunneling service.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I did not explain token passing. Ethernet circuits that use TCP/IP CSMA to carry stateless messages. To maintain an ad hoc state each message contains a token to identify the ad hoc state. Severs, clients, routers, switch, and hubs may support different communication protocols, however, the message itself or the message wrapper, still has a token.

I do not know if the messaging problem is actually with Rodu or Amazon. but as a Roku network provider customer, Rodu is responsible for establishing the proper communication channel.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

When this problem started, about a month ago, it was right after Amazon Prime updated their app.  It happened first on the Roku, then a day or so later on the LG Smart TV app.  Since then, it seems to happen several times a week on the Roku.  I am on an extended trip so I am not using the LG TV at this time.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did you contact Amazon Prime TV about this issue?  I have had this problem also, and after contacting Prime TV customer service via chat four times, nothing has been done to correct the problem. I don't know to whom to complain.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried contacting Amazon Prime.  They asked me to uninstall app and change my Amazon login password, then reinstall the app and redo the activation.  They said they would keep the chat window open.  By the time I went through their 'process' and went back to the chat window, the window was open but no one responded.  Their stupid 'process' was useless and the problem is still there.  I have been too annoyed to try and get back in touch with them.  I am sure when I do, it will be like no one has ever heard of this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If I was a cynic, I would suspect that this an evil plot to get people to use the Amazon Fire streamer instead of Roku.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

As someone else on this site commented, maybe it is a ploy by Amazon to get people to purchase its fire stick.  I hope this is not the case, but Amazon's continuing non-response is curious.   As a very large company, ROKU certainly has the clout to influence Amazon to find the solution to this problem. Why should individual customers be dealing with this?