Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msw48
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Video Login Issue

Jump to solution

Do people come to these forums only to complain and never follow up to solve their problems.  Disabling the screensaver actually works.  Like you  said, some only want to curse the darkness!

philztheone
Level 8

Why suddenly is Prime Video asking for signin every day?

Jump to solution

Why suddenly, when accessing via Roku, is Prime Video asking me to signin every single day?

0 Kudos
smith-david
Level 9

Jump to solution

I am glad your solution worked for you. My solution unplugging the unit has worked so far. However, my wish is that ROKU would address the problem so no work-around by consumer is necessary.

smith-david
Level 9

Jump to solution

Neither of your suggestions is viable. So drop the sarcasm.

0 Kudos
Davarm
Level 8

Have to reset device with Prime video every time

Jump to solution

We have a Roku Premier + and an Amazon Prime Video account. The last thee days in a row, when we select Prime Video, we are prompted to log in and register the device. That requires logging into our Amazon account and entering the code that appears on the screen.

Logging in is no problem, but why are we having to do it every day?  This does not happen with Netflix, Apple video, or any other channels.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

GlenDignon
Level 9

Re: Have to reset device with Prime video every time

Jump to solution

@Davarm wrote:

We have a Roku Premier + and an Amazon Prime Video account. The last thee days in a row, when we select Prime Video, we are prompted to log in and register the device. That requires logging into our Amazon account and entering the code that appears on the screen.

Logging in is no problem, but why are we having to do it every day?  This does not happen with Netflix, Apple video, or any other channels.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Do you have the Roku screensaver enabled?

If so, disable the screensaver. Since disabling the Roku Ultra screensaver my Amazon Amnesia sign in issue has gone away. This "fix" has worked for many others as well. Costs nothing to try and takes only a few seconds to do.

Here's how to disable screensaver: Go to Settings > Theme > Screensaver wait time > Disable screensaver

If this works for you, please let us know!

philztheone
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had the same problem on Thursday. Now, suddenly, so far today...I have not had to do this two step. My fingers are crossed. And! I will look into turning off the screen saver setting for Roku.

0 Kudos
philztheone
Level 8

Jump to solution

Now, suddenly, so far today...I have not had to do this two step. My fingers are crossed. And! I will look into turning off the screen saver setting for Roku.

0 Kudos
philztheone
Level 8

Jump to solution

Nope! I'm back to logging in 1< daily. Didn't easily find the "screen saver" setting. Will look here for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Disabling Roku's screensaver did not work.  I have been in contact with Amazon Customer Service via their Chat.  They are aware of the problem and their Tech Support is working on it.  Finally....some hope !!!