Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video Issues

the thumbnails for the shows in prime video channel are blacked out, or at least nothing is showing. Some of the lettering is black as well and not able to be seen. These are usually selectable links. I can still stream and watch videos, but it makes scrolling in an already not very user friendly app much more difficult.

Has anyone had this issue? I have tried removing and installing the app, but still have the problem.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video Won't Play

I searched through other posts and couldn't see a resolution to my issue. I added Prime Video to my Roku 2710X last week and have been trying to get it to work. It comes up and I can open it but when I try to watch a video on the channel it starts but then closes out and goes back to the video/show episode page. I have tried re-setting the Roku, deleting and reinstalling the channel, checking for software updates, loading it through Amazon and also through the Roku and it still does it. My Amazon account shows it is registered to my account. I can't find a Roku support number to call as in one of the other posts someone said they called Roku to have them register the account. Any help would be appreciated. Note I am in Canada and using a Roku 2710X. Thank you!

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon prime kicks us out to ruko home

This has been happening to me too, and I already tried removing the channel and reinstalling it and it didn’t work. I’m able to watch for more than a few minutes, but it eventually still kicks me back out to the home screen. It’s been happening for a few days now. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Prime Video Thumbnails

@mook1178 @LReeves @LuvJmm 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please make sure after your remove the channel, that you restart your device before adding the channel back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime Video Thumbnails

going to the link you added for Amazon is worthless.  To me this is your issue to resolve and I would not recommend buying Roku device going forward.  My smart TV has no issues and does just as much.  I have no problem with Amazon Prime on any other device, computer, two smart TV's and old Apple TV box.  Seems like a lot of people having problem with Roku, so maybe your company should drive the fix with Amazon.

0 Kudos