Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zarkef
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video - Greece

Jump to solution
Hello,

I noticed that  Amazon Prime Video is not available in the store for a greek account. Amazon Prime Video is available for the greek audience in general. Is there a specific restriction that I'm not aware off ?

Thanks,
Zark
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Amazon Prime Video - Greece

Jump to solution
That is controlled by Amazon, not Roku. While Prime might be available on other devices, it's up to Amazon to make it available on Roku devices. Roku themselves have no control over it. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution
That is controlled by Amazon, not Roku. While Prime might be available on other devices, it's up to Amazon to make it available on Roku devices. Roku themselves have no control over it. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

As @atc98092 mentioned, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you would want to contact Amazon Prime to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zarkef
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thank you both for the prompt replies. I'll give it a shot with the Amazon support
0 Kudos
Zarkef
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hello.
So I raised the issue with the Amazon Prime Video support. Their official reply is the following.

Amazon: I've checked with our Primevideo internal team and found that Amazon is available in Roku device in greece it is just the Roku Appstore doesn't have the app added to it, Amazon has no issues with the Roku in your location request you to please manually contact Roku Customer service to check with them because Amazon doesn't have control over the Roku Appstore

Me: From what I understand from Roku's reply "channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion"
Me: are you tell me the opposite?

Amazon: There is a primevideo app available for people at your location, I've checked with our internal team its Roku appstore which doesn't have the primevideo app. It t might a small patch updated needed from Roku and it should fix.

So I think we're back at square one.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Jump to solution
Amazon is wrong.. all they have to do is authorize the Roku app for your region. They do it, not Roku.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Zarkef
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thank you,
Amazon finally acknowledged the issue. They mentioned that they sent my feedback to their development teams,  so that they can take necessary actions to avail Prime Video on Roku in the near future.
0 Kudos