Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon Prime- ‘Resume’ function not working consistently

I have been having an issue with (paid) videos in my Amazon library.  Normally if I exit a show midway, there will be a Resume button and a Watch from Beginning button.  For many shows though, I am not seeing those.  When I exit mid-show, the only option is to Watch Now(I.e. watch it again, from the start).  So my progress is not being saved.

It does not happen on all videos, just some.  And sometimes, my progress IS saved, but when I come back into the app again, the Resume is gone and my only option is to start over again.  I have two troubleshooting sessions with Amazon, and they have asked me to see what support Roku can offer.  This happens on both my Roku Premiere as well as my older Roku 3.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime- ‘Resume’ function not working consistently

Edit/Add: Roku system software and Amazon app software are both up to date.  Amazon channel deleted and re-added.  This *may* have provided a temporary fix, but it’s happening again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Jfcwhy  Thanks for reaching out. The functionality within channels, such as saving progress during playback, is a feature of the channel itself, and not a function that your Roku device controls. If you are still  seeing this issue inside the Prime Video channel after you've tried troubleshooting the channel installation by removing the channel, restarting your device, then installing the channel again, you'll want to continue following up with Amazon Prime Video support to report the issue and request that they investigate further. Channels (aka apps) on the Roku platform are built and maintained by the channel provider themselves, and they will be able to best assist with any issues you may encounter. 

You can reach Amazon Prime support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks.  I tried explaining that to them- it’s your(Amazon’s) app, Roku is just a platform, etc., but they insisted I contact Roku “to rule out anything on Roku’s end...”.  This is typical- always assume it’s something other than your own app.  

I will wait to hear back from them.  Thanks again for confirming.

0 Kudos