Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dcole7
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime Originals showing with Spanish descriptions

Selected titles within Amazon Prime have suddenly started showing with the descriptions in Spanish. No changes have been made to our setup. I’ve tried rebooting the Roku device and removing the Prime app and reinstalling.

Does not occur with all titles, seems to only be Amazon Originals.

19 REPLIES 19
DLG56
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Prime Originals showing with Spanish descriptions

I just started having the same problem with my Amazon Prime account on my older Roku device (Roku 2 3100 model). Everything is in English: audio, subtitles etc. But when I look at episode descriptions it's all in Spanish.  Spanish is not selected anywhere on my Roku device.  

EHq
Reel Rookie

same problem started last month on 2 older roku boxes; hours spent on help/chat w/ amazon but no fix; have tried all reboots, updates, language options, .....

this should be a simple fix

ADeters

Having the same problem! I can’t get it to revert back. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.primevideo.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I spent an hour troubleshooting with Amazon and they said the problem is with roku.

kwillis11
Channel Surfer

There are a number of people on the Roku and Prime Video user forums who are having the same problem. It looks like it's been a problem with older Rokus and Prime video for a couple months but there has been no real help from Roku or Prime. All the descriptions for Prime Original shows are in spanish. I'll assume that since we are not getting help from the companies, they are hoping we just buy a newer device.

Dcole7
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply @RokuDanny-R , but this a total non-response from Roku. Surely Roku has means of contacting Amazon to figure this out instead if of dumping it back on the users.

EHq
Reel Rookie

It appears that Roku is deliberately sabotaging older units to force 'legacy' users to upgrade.  Multiple long calls to Amazon indicate they are clueless and consider this a Roku problem, so that means Amazon Video really doesn't care about a few Roku users who haven't upgraded their equipment.  This all started immediately after Roku offered their 'upgrade promotion' a few months ago; that forced upgrade was really an accommodation of Netflix' changes to their stream/interface and it looks like Amazon Video was crippled as collateral damage.  

0 Kudos
kwillis11
Channel Surfer

That makes perfect sense and coincides with all the trouble when Hulu was getting phased out for older Roku models.  They offered a paid upgrade for something that was incompatible with the old system but Roku customer service was no help figuring out a workaround.

It is weird that this issue manifests in this odd way.

@EHq wrote:

It appears that Roku is deliberately sabotaging older units to force 'legacy' users to upgrade.  Multiple long calls to Amazon indicate they are clueless and consider this a Roku problem, so that means Amazon Video really doesn't care about a few Roku users who haven't upgraded their equipment.  This all started immediately after Roku offered their 'upgrade promotion' a few months ago; that forced upgrade was really an accommodation of Netflix' changes to their stream/interface and it looks like Amazon Video was crippled as collateral damage.  

0 Kudos