Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Amazon Prime Not Working

Is anyone else having issues using Amazon Prime on Roku lately? I have 4 Roku devices, 3, and Ultra HD/4k, and NONE of them are able to stream Amazon Prime. I keep getting the error "Something went wrong, please try again" for a week now. PLEASE HELP.  #amazon #amazonprime #Roku

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Amazon Prime Not Working

Not certain what you mean by lately. It's been a week at most but the last time I watched Prime it was fine. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I have the older Roku 3 and on the latest 9.2 update and have not had any issues with Amazon Prime, but I believe I have experienced the same issue before which also would happen with other channels. It would happen while the channel was loading and channel could not load. In all cases I would go to the restart menu and reboot the Roku and it would be fine again for a long while. I have not had to do it in many months now. It's happened a handful of times since I've had the Roku but since it is so rare it was never really an issue and I often go over a month between rebooting the device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Just came home from work and fired up Prime on my Premiere. No problem with playback. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have had the same problem with prime crashing after a minute or so.  I removed and reinstalled prime still having the problem so I searched the show I wanted to watch from the home screen selected it to play from prime and it worked.  Not optimal fix but it works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Prime video account works OK on my Roku TV but the Roku 2720x Roku 2 does not support Amazon Video even though it downloads the app. Not very nice Roku!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@glennmerton wrote:

My Prime video account works OK on my Roku TV but the Roku 2720x Roku 2 does not support Amazon Video even though it downloads the app. Not very nice Roku!!!

Roku has no control over which devices work with a specific channel, other than The Roku Channel and the Roku Media Player. You need to bug Amazon if the Prime channel isn't available on your Roku 2. But be aware that the 2720 was released in 2013, so it's possible that some channel developers are beginning to drop support for players that old. It's considered a 3rd generation device, while the latest models are 8th generation. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I am having this exact problem on my Roku3, same statement "something went wrong" try again later.  None of my other Roku's have this issue.  However I have noticed that the problem does not occur on older prime movies only more recent series and movies......frustrating. I have gone through remove app, reset Roku, reinstall app. I have also looked at the 1080P and 720P settings on the TV (or Roku) and toggled them between 720, 1080 and Auto.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@gare Thanks for letting us know about the issue. This sounds like a content or delivery issue that the channel is encountering. You'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to report the issue and request additional assistance. Each channel (app) manages their own content, delivery systems, etc. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue inside a particular channel, that is usually a good indication of that type of issue, 

You can reach Amazon support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuTannerD   I did conect Amazon, and they are saying that the issue is with Roku.  So now what?

0 Kudos