Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blade_005
Level 12

Re: Amazon Prime Music + Roku

"Tivoburkee" wrote:
Amazon Music has been updated to include amazon music unlimited on roku:

https://blog.roku.com/amazon-music-roku-devices[/url:292lb883]

I had to remove the old amazon prime m...

Thanks for mentioning this in the thread. I had come to the conclusion that this wasn't likely a priority for Amazon anytime soon and stopped looking for any kind of updates. Glad to see that Amazon may consider this type of support outside of their core 'Fire' family of devices as an additional value to their Prime Subscribers. Pleasantly surprised!  I have the updated MUSIC app up and running on two (2) Roku TV's. Nice to have a simple, clean UI within Roku OS as a Visual complement to Echo speakers throughout the house. Many thanks! 
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
ALRUI
Level 7

Im so happy Amazon finally got a grip on this after many years:-)
0 Kudos
Yojimbo68
Level 7

You folks are nuts! The new update of Amazon Music for the Roku is terrible. More than half of my songs are now grayed out and not playable. All the music in my albums have been changed to alphabetical order instead of the original album order. The shuffle option is now convoluted and a big step backwards. No next song or previous song button option. And sorting through albums is now a chore. God forbid you have an album that starts with an X, Y or Z. It could take you five minutes to get to it depending on the size of your collection. This update is an absolute disaster. And I could give a hoot about prime music...I just want to be able to play my collection with a reasonable interface...  
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 16

If you didn't tell amazon to keep your uploaded songs be certain date, you would lose them. Songs that are greyed out weren't kept in time.
0 Kudos
bwaldron
Level 9

"Yojimbo68" wrote:
You folks are nuts! The new update of Amazon Music for the Roku is terrible. 

I am glad it showed up, but it is indeed pretty awful. I can only play a purchased album in alphabetical order? Jeesh.
0 Kudos
Yojimbo68
Level 7

"Tivoburkee" wrote:
If you didn't tell amazon to keep your uploaded songs be certain date, you would lose them. Songs that are greyed out weren't kept in time.

I did that as soon as I was notified months ago. There is no rhyme or reason to the greyed out songs. Some albums have songs greyed out but other songs on the same album are available. It's completely random.
0 Kudos
Eaglek74
Level 7

I feel like I may be crazy, but is there not a song queue with the new update? Usually there is a list of songs now playing and upcoming but I just can't find it now. I'm guessing it's not there...
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 12

"Yojimbo68" wrote:
You folks are nuts! The new update of Amazon Music for the Roku is terrible. More than half of my songs are now grayed out and not playable. All the music in my albums have been changed to alphabetical order instead of the original album order. The shuffle option is now convoluted and a big step backwards. No next song or previous song button option. And sorting through albums is now a chore. God forbid you have an album that starts with an X, Y or Z. It could take you five minutes to get to it depending on the size of your collection. This update is an absolute disaster. And I could give a hoot about prime music...I just want to be able to play my collection with a reasonable interface...  

Perhaps i should have qualified my previous post about Prime Music support on Roku OS. As an Amazon Music Unlimited subscriber there was previously no access at all to the Prime Music streaming catalog on the Roku OS. Now there is and I find it a useful complement to the use of Echo speakers in my use case. I stream what is available as an Unlimited Subscriber and have not encountered any music being unavailable. Perhaps the implementation for someone with Amazon Music purchases is not the same.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 10

Amazon added their prime music app to Roku overnight (At least for me). Already has it installed. Your wish has been granted... though since I have access to both Amazon music and Apple music, I would love it if Apple released an app on Roku for it as I am of the opinion that while both services have a lot to offer, Apple is the better of the two. Well worth $10 a month for the full albums alone the music videos and some full concerts are an added bonus. Just one man's opinion. 
0 Kudos
Yojimbo68
Level 7

"blade_005" wrote:
"Yojimbo68" wrote:

Perhaps i should have qualified my previous post about Prime Music support on Roku OS. As an Amazon Music Unlimited subscriber there was previously no access at all to the Prime Music streaming catalog on the Roku OS. Now there is and I find it a useful complement to the use of Echo speakers in my use case. I stream what is available as an Unlimited Subscriber and have not encountered any music being unavailable. Perhaps the implementation for someone with Amazon Music purchases is not the same.

Yeah, I imported my collection over from iTunes some time ago, so that's the music that has been effected with this Amazon Music Roku update. It appears the focus was more on the Prime Streaming collection rather than one's existing collection. The writing was on the wall for this with Amazon announcing that they are discontinuing the music storage especially enjoyed the shuffle mode with songs because I would hear music I haven't listened too for many years. I even recently did a "clean up" of compilation albums that Amazon Music incorrectly separated as separate albums. That took a lot of my time. I just finished doing that, had the app looking all nice and orderly and then this bombshell of an update happened. Oh well, "C'est la vie".  [/color]
0 Kudos