Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yragha
Level 7

Amazon Prime Music + Roku

Is their any hope of this ever getting updated or is the ball more in Amazon's court? Currently very little is available via the ROKU.

Thanks
0 Kudos
29 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Amazon Prime Music + Roku

"yragha" wrote:
Is their any hope of this ever getting updated or is the ball more in Amazon's court? Currently very little is available via the ROKU.

Thanks

It's up to Amazon. They wrote the channel, and determine what features are available.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
dssonic
Level 7

I don't think Amazon intends to ever add Prime music to Roku. The Roku channel can only be used to stream music you own and store in Amazon's cloud. To get Prime Music on your TV you need an Amazon device (Fire TV or Fire TV Stick).
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

"dssonic" wrote:
I don't think Amazon intends to ever add Prime music to Roku. The Roku channel can only be used to stream music you own and store in Amazon's cloud. To get Prime Music on your TV you need an Amazon device (Fire TV or Fire TV Stick).

Not completly true. My Android works as well...though there is no reason to play music on two tinny speakers when I have several perfectly fine stereo receivers

Edit--- I missed that part about "your TV"...nevermind.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
ALRUI
Level 7

I vote for an update to the channel as well:-)
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

"ALRUI" wrote:

Too bad votes don't count...
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
ALRUI
Level 7

"dfgsrzwer" wrote:
"ALRUI" wrote:

Too bad votes don't count...

Theres always a smart a** on the boards and with a predictable response as well.
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

The point is, it is obvious that no one would not want this other than Amazon themselves, for obvious reasons on both sides (there is absolutely no money in it for Amazon).
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
ALRUI
Level 7

"dfgsrzwer" wrote:
The point is, it is obvious that no one would not want this other than Amazon themselves, for obvious reasons on both sides (there is absolutely no money in it for Amazon).

Sure there is! Why do they keep offering more and more "features" to Prime customers? Easy, to attract more people to sign up for Prime.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"ALRUI" wrote:
"dfgsrzwer" wrote:

Sure there is! Why do they keep offering more and more "features" to Prime customers? Easy, to attract more people to sign up for Prime.

I think the point is, since it's available on Amazon hardware, that perhaps Amazon wouldn't feel that additional development on other platforms would be worthwhile. All their promos about Prime Music list Amazon devices that allow you to use the service. That doesn't mean they won't develop an app for Roku, but I'm not holding my breath.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos