Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smir
Level 7

Amazon Prime Keeps activating old account.

Roku keeps re-activating prime on an account that is no longer linked to the Roku stick, for around 6 months now I have used my partners info for our Roku stick, and for some reason since last Sunday 28/2 it’s re-activating even when I have deleted the amazon app, and not even logged relived back in. 

anyone had similar issues? Amazon are useless and just say it’s been activated on a Roku, and cancel it, I’ve been in bed watching Netflix today, noticed it was activated from an email and spoke to live Chat, who just cancel it and refund, but if I miss it or don’t check my email, they only partially refund. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: Amazon Prime Keeps activating old account.

You launched the Prime Video app (I assume that's the one you mean when you say "Amazon") and went in to settings, scrolled down to Sign Out, and selected that?

And then what happened?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Smir
Level 7

The app is signed out, I even deleted it and redownloaded it, it’s still asking the option to sign in, and it’s still activating prime constantly.

it’s just done another one

0 Kudos
Smir
Level 7

also its activating when prime isn't even being used... literally only watched Netflix the past week as I haven't signed back into Prime yet on the partners account.

Removed my payment methon on amazon... shouldn't have to do this.. but should at least stop me getting 7.99 taken out about 5 times a day.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 15

You're bouncing all over the place. The initial issue was about your Amazon Prime Video account being logged in to the wrong account. Now you're talking about Netflix and being charged multiple times. So, help us get a grasp on what's going on. 

Let's make sure we're all on the same page. 

When you launch Prime Video, it's going to want to tie to an Amazon Prime account. It's what it does. You won't be able to watch content unless you have an Amazon account tied to the app. So, it's expected that you'll need to tie it to an Amazon account. I assume you have an Amazon account, and will tie the app to yours.

Next, you are now indicating you're being charged $7.99 multiple times. That's not how much an Amazon Prime account costs. It's around $10/month, or $120/year (maybe more). So that $7.99 charge needs further examination.

Who is billing you that? Roku? Amazon?

If Roku, go to https://my.roku.com/account and open the Manage your subscriptions link and see what subscriptions you have that are billed through Roku.

Then, go to View your purchase history and see what purchases have been made through your Roku account.

If it's Amazon billing you, you should take that up with Amazon. You should also put a PIN on your Amazon account.

After all that, let's look at the Prime Video app. When you sign in via Roku, it should give you the option to go to https://amazon.com/mytv and enter a code. You'd need to be logged in to your Amazon account and enter the code that displays on your Roku.

If I'm misunderstanding something, let me know.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Smir
Level 7

Netflix is the only thing watched for the past week, Prime wasn't even launched, and isn't logged in.

Prime is £7.99/mo in the UK, £79/yr.

My Roku as been used for years, past 8 months or so I stopped my prime, and we just use the partners, that includes on Roku for Prime Video, but since last Sunday (think was 28th) Its been activated my old Prime... Only found out when checking emails.

Amazon is billing me, but when I tell them I didn't activate it, they are saying it was done on a Roku every time.. it's done it around 5 times now.. one time I didn't notice for 2 days, and by the time I contact amazon / cancel it. they only part-refund. 

when this first happened, I signed out of the Amazon Prime App and didn't sign back in for over a week, not even using the prime app, and it still re-activated prime.

IMG_6026.PNGIMG_6027.PNG

it was amazon billing me, but for an account that was not linked to the device any more, I removed my card from my account, and today reset the roku, so will add my card back to amazon, and hope it  doesn't do it anymore... just a weird thing thats happened, and amazon are far from helpful, they setup a call back which hasn't happened. 

0 Kudos