Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daddyora
Level 7

Amazon Music via Roku Ultra

Would like to try Amazon Music (free) thru Roku Ultra 4800R into Yamaha avr (RX-A660) which doesn't have AM as a source in MusicCast.  Roku is currently connected as a source by HDMI into avr and video works fine.   Want to tryout distributed audio thru avr via AM before investing in AM Unlimited.  Loaded AM app on Roku and it pulls up but immediately defaults to an "upgrade to Unlimited" screen.   I can play AM elsewhere w/o problems.   How do I get AM to work via Roku ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Music via Roku Ultra

You didnt mention your Roku's firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote)

When I install and load Amazon Music (3.0.62) I'm immediately presented with activation/authorization links/codes - if I activate it loads to Home.  Your install may be corrupt.

Try reinstalling AM:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(Otherwise, if you dont restart settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos