Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
colinswe
Level 7

Amazon Music player App

Amazon recently updated their music player app.

I am suddenly having problems playing my music on the ROKU, my Roku automatically downloaded a new version of the app and I registered it with Amazon. I was able to open the app and see all my music and playlists but none of the songs will play - I get a message "playback error".

The previous app worked fine for many years on this Roku

I should note this is music I have stored at Amazon, NOT the Amazon Streaming service.

I have an older Roku, 3100X works fine for other apps like Pandora, also the app works on my laptop and phone just not on the Roku any more.

I have contact Amazon and they have established a ticket to see if they can offer help, but I was wondering if there was any other experience of this problem on the forum.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yojimbo68
Level 7

Re: Amazon Music player App

I have the same issue. Also, all my albums are in alphabetical order instead of the original album order. I was able to play some songs but most do give me a playback error. This new update was a disaster...
0 Kudos
colinswe
Level 7

"Yojimbo68" wrote:
I have the same issue. Also, all my albums are in alphabetical order instead of the original album order. I was able to play some songs but most do give me a playback error. This new update was a disaster...

Yojimbo68
As an update, I am having exactly the same issue, some of my songs are available on the Roku, many of them give the playback error but some are listed as "no longer available" whatever that means.
Also this only appears to be a Roku problem since I can play any of the songs that give me a play back error on my Android phone.
Thanks for posting since I now know it's not just me. I have a ticket in at Amazon if they have anything I will post again to this forum
0 Kudos
Yojimbo68
Level 7

"colinswe" wrote:
"Yojimbo68" wrote:

Yojimbo68
As an update, I am having exactly the same issue, some of my songs are available on the Roku, many of them give the playback error but some are listed as "no longer available" whatever that means.
Also this only appears to be a Roku problem since I can play any of the songs that give me a play back error on my Android phone.
Thanks for posting since I now know it's not just me. I have a ticket in at Amazon if they have anything I will post again to this forum

I hope the issue gets resolved for you. For the record, the app on my Android phone works fine as well. Ditto the main hub on my laptop. It looks like they did a top to bottom redo on the Roku app though. I have a feeling it's an issue that going to effect everyone. There is a slight chance only a certain few were effected but I doubt it. But even if the songs do come back this really is a bad interface. It's like programmers from Apple hacked Amazon Music and tried to come up with the worse app possible. I go as far to call it diabolical. Whoever designed it has no intention of using it themselves. Just spend 5 minutes with it. No thought has gone into convenience or readily available button options. 
0 Kudos