Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whizkid

Amazon Music on Roku players in Canada

Jump to solution

Just wondering how many people in Canada with a Roku device and a Amazon Prime account would appreciate being able to access Amazon Music on their device?? It is available in the USA why not here? Is there any support for this out there?

Tags (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
2wheelsyyc
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Music on Roku players in Canada

Jump to solution

We want Prime Music on Roku in Canada also!!!  Please provide this content Roku!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@2wheelsyyc @Whizkid 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @2wheelsyyc,

Thanks for posting again in Roku Community.

We understand that you are requesting to stream the Amazon Music channel on your Roku device in the Canada region.

We do not have any information to share on when it will be available in the Canadian region, Amazon Music is currently available in the US region. Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
2wheelsyyc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We want Prime Music on Roku in Canada also!!!  Please provide this content Roku!

Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@2wheelsyyc @Whizkid 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
moomarc

Jump to solution

After some back and forth with Amazon rep, the best I got was: "Yes, all features to be added, however, they are still working to upgrade on that."  ...  But later clarified as "I can't say yes or not, since we do not yet have update for upcoming feature,"

😞

JPF

Jump to solution

Roku please do this on behalf of all your customers.

Thx

Gusto

Jump to solution

Very disappointing to see everyone pass the buck. Looks like ill have to get rid of my Roku for another streaming device that can use simple apps like the music app from amazon.

Also, why does this thread say there is a solution, when there is none provided.

With this type of customer service, the Roku will fade from existence sooner than later. Too bad, I bought my first Roku 7 years ago and i suggested it to everyone I knew when it was at the forefront of streaming, but now the company has become lazy and complacent, doesn't really care about customers anymore, they have become an ad company only now.

Well this response regarding an app that I have waited for, seems will never arrive means, bye bye Roku, going to buy another streamer that uses simple apps. I will now tell everyone to look elsewhere for a streaming device, because Roku has become lazy.  Worst part is that the American Roku can use the app, just the Canadian one that does not, ridiculous.

Thanks, Disappointed Customer

Jump to solution

I had a great experience on the application system. Downloading and installing free music is absolutely reputable, error-free.

fokurokoo

Jump to solution

this is my story as well. plus no twitch for roku - another amazon app. this is how bezos wins and roku betamaxes. what streaming device are you switching too?

0 Kudos
Miya59
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku introduces Amazon Music Prime and Amazon Music Unlimited on the Roku channel. With Amazon Music Prime or Unlimited account, you can use the Amazon Music Roku app for music listening on Roku devices. 

Jump to solution

The free music solution is very suitable.

0 Kudos