Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon Music - compression and resolution

I doubt I'm the only one who noticed that the Amazon music channel has no ability to turn off Audio compression (volume normalization) or other processing. This is a huge oversight, as it completely abrogates any attempt to use Roku as a hub for music listening using Amazon Music. While Amazon Music HD is a very well-priced subscription service, it is useless for anyone with a good audio system as it keeps compression on and ruins audio quality when using the Roku channel. I can get high resolution audio using my HTPC, where the Windows app allows you to toggle off processing. This single option addition would make the Amazon music channel that much more valuable to me. As it stands, I'm considering switching to Tidal. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Amazon Music - compression and resolution

Your complaint is with the Amazon Music service, not with the Roku system that delivers it to you. Complain to Amazon.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos