Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oobleck
Level 8

Amazon Music channel on Roku 3 is suddenly broken.

Jump to solution

Until today the Amazon Music channel (version 3.0.62) has been working fine on my Roku 3.  But today I discovered that the "My Music" button was missing from the home screen, so I couldn't access any of my playlists or music.  Rebooting the Roku didn't help.  I called Amazon Support and they had me uninstall and reinstall the channel.  That seemed to fix it.  But after playing one song, it stopped playing and the "My Music" button was gone again.  I tried reinstalling a couple more times, but the button didn't come back.  Called Amazon again and they had me unplug and replug the TV.  For some bizarre reason that got the button back, but it went away again as soon as I played something.  I'm wondering if they might have updated the software overnight; is there a way to check that?

Any suggestions on how to get it to work again would be welcome!

-- oobleck

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oobleck
Level 8

Re: Amazon Music channel on Roku 3 is suddenly broken.

Jump to solution

I tried doing a soft reset (the one where you push a sequence of buttons on the remote) and that seems to have fixed it.

-- oobleck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
oobleck
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried doing a soft reset (the one where you push a sequence of buttons on the remote) and that seems to have fixed it.

-- oobleck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@oobleck

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Music channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Music support here: https://music.amazon.com/help/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos