Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanddune
Visitor

Amazon Fast forward/rewind debacle

When watching a video on Amazon, I'm damned if I hit ff or rew. IT CANNOT BE STOPPED!! I have to either hit "home" or the Amazon button to reset the channel. I don't have this issue on any other channel. Is anyone else suffering like me? Is there a fix?
23 REPLIES 23
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Fast forward/rewind debacle

There is no "fix". That's the way the Amazon app was changed a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, that's the way it's designed. But you should be able to hit the Play button again (not the OK button, hit the one between the FF and rewind buttons) and resume playback. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Sloanish

On a computer you have the ability to jump forward or backwards 10 seconds.
Why not on Roku?
FF and RE move too slowly or quickly to be useful.
When will this be addressed?
0 Kudos

Me too!!! What does Roku or Amazon say? I need some quality shows while I shelter under place. 

0 Kudos
jh2os

I have the same problem cannot fast forward Prime Video on Roku.  When trying to; the Roku TV sends me back to the app menu.  And I have to start all over again.  This is very, very irritating.  Is there a fix for this?  Is it an Amazon problem or Roku ?  So I know which one to get rid of. 

bokonon82
Binge Watcher

OMG! I have just stumbled upon a work around. THIS ONLY works with the smartphone app (or tablets too I'm sure).

If you utilize the Roku app on your phone, you can better control rewind and FF. All you need to do is start by hitting either rewind or fast forward. Then interrupt the process by using the left or right arrows. A typical view of panels will pop up that you can peruse 10 seconds at a time visually.

It's stupid you have to do it this way, but it's better than using the typical functions.

Cbathe77

Do not use the ff and rw buttons on the Roku remote for prime video. I use the purple left and right arrows either side of the OK button. These will skip forward or back 10 secs at a time or hold to ff or rw properly 

RockyRoka
Reel Rookie

No, I use the arrows and have the same problem. It can’t be the way Amazon is set up, as someone suggested, because it doesn’t happen every time. Sometimes it works correctly, sometimes it just keeps going back to the beginning of the show (or to the end of the show if trying to FF a couple frames). This happens to me on Prime and many other channels - Bravo, TLC, etc. - but never on the big ones like Netflix, HBO, Showtime. I don’t know if I need a new Roku or if it’s the channels themselves. Can’t find any answers online.

mduffy215
Reel Rookie

This is truly pathetic!!!!   Amazon is supposed to care about their customers.  They have an open seat for the customer in all their meetings.  How about putting a Roku remote on the chair instead.

0 Kudos
Brooke24
Channel Surfer

I have Roku and Amazon Prime/Video and I have zero issues Fast Forwarding or Rewinding using my Roku remote. Also, if I want it to move faster I hit the button two or three times to up the speed. Sorry you are all having an issue. 

0 Kudos