Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mduffy215
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Fast forward/rewind debacle

You are forcing people to go to Amazon Prime and use their remote. Once there, users will discover Amazon Prime has vastly improved (much better than Roku).

I switched over completely to Roku a about eight months ago and just added Prime Videos to Roku.  Amazon Prime can do everything Roku can do, even better.

videophile

@Cbathe77 wrote:

Do not use the ff and rw buttons on the Roku remote for prime video. I use the purple left and right arrows either side of the OK button. These will skip forward or back 10 secs at a time or hold to ff or rw properly 

Regarding the suggestion to use the purple left/right arrows instead of the FF/RW buttons:  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  First World problem, I know, but the poorly-calibrated FF/RW tools were driving me nuts.  Your solution is a winner.

0 Kudos
bokonon82
Binge Watcher

I own all streaming services available and Roku is BY MILES the superior service. It isn't even close. Fire stick sucks. Chromecast is mediocre and apple.tv is just disappointing for the price.  Roku has the model down.  They are the google of free online content. Invest while you can. Roku will be the next Google.

Think about all free open source content out there. Roku is the aggregator. They will be Google for such content BUT they will.easily bring it into the living room for the average know nothing user. 

Roku is the new Google. No one understood Google's importance when they went public. Right now, no one understands the reach and potential of Roku. I've been using their products since Roku 1 (to watch Netflix on my TV without plugging my computer in) and I've been loyal ever since. They have RARELY let me down. 

I NEVER  would have considered investing years ago, because it was too easy to copy. Now, they are seeking out obscure internet content and placing it under the single umbrella of the Roku channel.  They occupy the low end of the price point so ANYONE can own one and they are simply the best product in terms of functionality.  I think they are the future and NOW is the time to invest.

Tenyearstreamer
Reel Rookie

Thank you! The fast forward debacle just started for me a week ago. Each FF jump was 3 to 5 minutes into the show but rewind is fine including the 10-second rewind using the curved arrow. 

I tried the purple arrow for FF and it works as described for a 10-second FF on the Roku remote. Haven't tried it on the phone app.

However, why the change? I used to be able to choose 3 speeds of FF/RW like on Netflix. Guess that's a question for Amazon.

That said, Hulu is the slowest and always has been, but I'm sure that's a Hulu thing.

I also noticed Amazon has added the "skip intro" option like Netflix which is great. I think these developers need to sit in front of the TV for a few days and figure it out for themselves!

Thanks for the workaround. It beats what's there but I miss the old way and it's a head-scratcher for sure!

0 Kudos
Tenyearstreamer
Reel Rookie

@Brooke24 wrote:

I have Roku and Amazon Prime/Video and I have zero issues Fast Forwarding or Rewinding using my Roku remote. Also, if I want it to move faster I hit the button two or three times to up the speed. Sorry you are all having an issue. 

That's how mine worked until about a week ago. Now the FF jumps 3 to 5 minutes forward with each press. Must be related to what versions we have. My latest Roku stick is about 6 months old.

But i noticed they added a "skip intro" option, so definitely some changes have been made somewhere.

Brooke24
Channel Surfer

@bokonon82 
I completely agree! I have almost all of the streaming devices except Apple TV and I’m a huge fan of Roku. I bought tons of shares roughly around April of last year at just about $60 a share. This issue is not on Roku but Amazon who apparently is aware and trying to resolve it per other posts. 

0 Kudos
Brita01
Channel Surfer

Bless you my child.

0 Kudos
Aluckym

Did this  just started happening recently? I didn’t have this problem before and it’s really annoying. 

0 Kudos
rdotten510
Reel Rookie

Dude! You hit it, thanks. 

0 Kudos
shanamy26

@atc98092 wrote:
There is no "fix". That's the way the Amazon app was changed a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, that's the way it's designed. But you should be able to hit the Play button again (not the OK button, hit the one between the FF and rewind buttons) and resume playback. 

What do you mean they designed it that way?  They designed it to not work?  They want their customers to prefer other services?  The richest company in the world can’t come out with a superior product?