Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmieBee
Level 7

Amazon Audio Synch Problem on Ultra 2016

I have an Ultra 4640 > Denon S730H AVR> Sony X900f TV.
When streaming video from the Amazon app (on the Roku Ultra) The audio goes out of synch getting worse and worse as the stream plays. Netflix and Plex all stream perfectly in synch. I tried playing with all the HDMI settings as I did when my Ultra would lose audio briefly earlier this year. Nothing helped. Even going to stereo audio it is still out of synch on Amazon only. I replaced my HDMI cables with HDCP 2.2 cables. No help. I then remembered that I have an Amazon FireTV stick. I switched over to it and streams play in synch nicely through it. So is this a case of Amazon trying to force us to buy their hardware to get good results?  Does Roku have any leverage over making app developers comply with standards or is it the wild west and you get what you get and we have to buy every stream provider's hardware to get good results? I guess I have a work-around for the time being but I was hoping the Ultra would be a singular box to get content  that I wanted in one place. Is the response from Roku: it's an amazon app so talk to Amazon. Then get the response from Amazon be: its Roku's hardware go talk to them? Come on, guys.. you're all getting money here. Why not work together and everybody wins?
Mike
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ssv42
Level 7

Re: Amazon Audio Synch Problem on Ultra 2016

Have you tried using the HDMI 2 port? The specs say HDMI 2 & 3 have features the other HDMI connectors do not, so it might fix the problem.
0 Kudos
EmmieBee
Level 7

I am using HDMI2. I also found that I couldn't get the Ultra to go to 4k HDR 60 fps on the display menu. I have since troubleshot it down to one of the HDMI cables. I have been watching for the sync problem on the Amazon streams and have not seen it happen since changing out the cable. Maybe it caused the audio synch issue also.(?)

Thanks for the reply.
Mike
0 Kudos
LDBetaGuy
Level 7

I also have a Denon receiver and Sony 900F. The only way I have been able to solve the Amazon lip sync problem was to connect my Ultra directly to the TV and run the audio through an optical cable from the TV to the receiver.
0 Kudos
EmmieBee
Level 7

LDBetaGuy: Are you saying it has to be an optical cable or do you think using an HDMI port back to the receiver would solve it? Is there an issue with the Denon receiver and the Ultra? It only seems to have a sync problem when I'm streaming from Amazon. Netflix and Plex work great. I figured it might have been an issue with HDR streams plus that flaky cable.

Mike
0 Kudos
TiggerSr
Level 7

I have this problem with everything that streams from Amazon Prime on my Roku player.  Others have been posting about this problem for months.  The problem sems to be with Roku 4 player's Amazon App?  I don't have the poroblem with other streaming services (eg, Netflix).  

Why isn';t this problem getting fixed by Roku or Amazon?  Do they not care.  It makes using Amazon video on Roku worthless
0 Kudos
Shakadula
Level 7

Agreed. It doesn’t happen on netflix, hulu or Sony Playstation vue. Only on amazon. It ain’t the hdmi cable. My issue just began in the last 3weeks on a Roku premiere.  
0 Kudos
jdmac29
Level 7

My hardwired ultra started this too. It is every channel I use though. Slingtv YouTube tv, and tablo.
I unplugged Power to it and that fixed it but later on the audio started doing it again.
My hardwired roku 3 and roku stick don’t have these issues.
0 Kudos