Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captainprincess
Level 7

Re: Amazon App Conflict

Jump to solution

When I said 'they' said it was no longer compatible, I was referring to Amazon Prime Video.  I did a chat with them today & after telling me I needed to do a factory restart on the Roku device, which I had already done without success, they said I needed to contact Roku.  It seems to be a blame game between the two.  She said she had not heard of that problem before, but I told her I had seen lots of complaints on both sides & asked if she could check with one of her coworkers.  Then, she said that they are sorry but the 3920x model is no longer compatible with Roku.....We just purchased the Roku in July of this year & just a few days ago purchased Prime.  Bummer.....too bad.  I wasn't real pleased that no one seemed to be able to explain the why of this.  Sorry to give you bad news.

0 Kudos
Nick_2019
Level 7

Jump to solution

Solution was to restore ROKU factory setting on my 3800 stick. Reinitialize was LENGHTY but worked. 

0 Kudos
Nick_2019
Level 7

Jump to solution

From home screen choose settings, >system, >advanced settings, >FACTORY RESET. 

WILL send appropriate code to email. Follow instructions and reinitialize apps. 

VOIL5A Amazon Prime Is Back! 

GOOD LUCK

0 Kudos
Captainprincess
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Nick, thanks for the info.  Retried it all again and still no go.  I thought perhaps my husband forgot the reset step, but i did it & it still didn’t work for us.  Maybe it’s due to us having the 3920x model.  Glad you got it going! I think I’m just giving up on it at this point.  Thanks for your input!!

0 Kudos
selkiez
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately it is still an issue for many of us - so many threads in here about it. tried talking to Amazon - same info that's in every thread. Doesn't work. Then they blame Roku. But if other apps are working - what's the issue with Amazon Prime.

Did not have this issue with my old Roku I replaced so I could get all features & new apps.

0 Kudos