Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon App Conflict

I have 3 Roku 3900 devices. On one of the devices this morning the Amazon App does not open. It loads to 100% then freezes. When I hit the HOME button I can no longer open or access any other channel. I have unplugged and plugged back in the device. I have removed the App and reinstalled the App and the same problem keeps repeating. I am not having this issue on any other device. If I don't open Amazon I can open and watch every other channel that I have. If I click on Amazon, I have to unplug and plug Roku back in to get it to work.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Amazon App Conflict

Sounds like the Amazon app (we ARE talking about the Prime Video app right? There are several other Amazon apps.) on that one Roku got borked somehow.

I'd suggest removing the channel, then before reinstalling, restart that Roku. This will assure that there is no trace of the defective installation hanging around in memory to possibly screw up the new installation.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, Prime Video and unfortunately, that didn't make a difference. It gets to 100% and then freezes. And then I can't open any App without unplugging Roku and plugging it back in again. My two other devices are all on the same network and they don't have problem loading Amazon Prime. Just this one device. And all other apps are running fine on that device until I click on Amazon Prime.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

That's pretty weird and I don't have any more suggestions.  But one thing that should at least restart the Roku easier:  you can restart without having to fiddle around with the power plug via Settings > System > System restart.

[Edit] Oops.  Guess that won't help when the unit's frozen and won't respond to commands.  Sorry.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@VABeachBill 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos