Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Always having to Activate Device for Showtime

Why do I get prompted to activate my device every time I want to watch Showtime?  I only watch Showtime & ShowtimeAnytime from my Roku device - and it's annoying to have to activate with a code every single time I want to watch something. I don't have this issue with any other channels. Thanks for any help you can provide! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Always having to Activate Device for Showtime

If there's a solution to this I'd like to know what it is, but I think it's just the policy that Showtime has decided to implement. I have found it to be true of Showtime not only on Roku but also on Amazon Fire TV and on Apple TV. No other streaming app makes users log in as often, as far as I know. For me it hasn't been every time I use it, but if I go more than a few days without using Showtime I will have to log in again. It's a pain. I'm not sure if it would stay logged in if I used it every day. Sooner or later I'll probably cancel Showtime for this reason, and because even original Showtime content disappears from the app. Two examples are Masters of Sex and Tales of the City. These Showtime series are nowhere to be found in Showtime's streaming services, and they are not the only ones.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Always having to Activate Device for Showtime

@catchastar @RisenBird 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried reaching out to the channel provider to inquire further? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Showtime support here: https://help.showtime.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos