Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Already subscribe to Britbox, will the Roku device know or will I be charged twice

I know these may sound like stupid questions, but I am new to the whole streaming service. I just signed up for Britbox via their website & paid for the year. & I also already subscribe to Netflix streaming & Amazon Prime streaming. Will the Roku know that I have already paid for these? Or will I be charged twice?  Yesterday I received my Roku device & signed up to put Roku on my tvs. I clicked on the Britbox channel button to add it to my channels listings. When I signed on to Roku to Roku Britbox this morning, it appears there, but they want me to pay per episode? I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. Thanks for any help. And stay well!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Already subscribe to Britbox, will the Roku device know or will I be charged twice

Find the channels you want to add in Roku's Streaming Channels option, and add them.

Once they've been added click on a channel in the home screen channel grid to load it.

For Amazon Prime select settings at the right end of the menu at the top of the screen.  Then select Sign In and follow the ensuing prompts.

For Netflix, when not already signed in you have buttons for a free trial, and to sign in. Choose sign in then follow the prompts to enter the email address and password you used when setting up your Netflix account.

I don't have Britbox but the process should be somewhat similar to one or the other described above. Just read everything you are presented carefully to be sure you are logging in to your existing account, not setting up a new one.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Already subscribe to Britbox, will the Roku device know or will I be charged twice

I am not a newbie, but I signed up through BritBox and Roku would not put me through on the icon from the Streaming Channels.  I called BritBox and got a CS and everything OK from their end.   I come to Roku and there is no one to talk to and no clear way to send an email with my exact message and anyway, I did not want to wait 24 hours for something I paid for.   After two hours it finally went through.   You have to know the exact words to put in to bring up something relevant.  Very poor service at Roku.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Catmom 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having same issue just subscribed on britbox website and added channel to my roku list signed in and clicked on show I wanted to watch and same thing happening seen Danny’s (roku employee)  reply about removing and resetting and add again did all these steps and nothing changed 😔

what do I do now ? I don’t have this issue with any of my other channels 🤷🏻‍♀️Please help I want to watch britbox please ty 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Chewbearz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd recommend reaching out to Britbox directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Britbox channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.britbox.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos