Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shooglynail
Level 7

All4 channel has suddenly reverted to old UI and functions.

Hello. So far I've not seen any obvious mention of this elsewhere. I have two admittedly older Roku sticks (3500), which are still going strong. However the other day the All4 channel reverted from the latest version (dark grey/white selection highlights UI and autoplay - hooray!) to the old version (white UI with barely discernible grey selection highlight, old All4/4OD logo, no autoplay - boo!). The latest grey version was totally fine (or as fine as All4 ever is) up until two days ago. It's really put a crimp on binge-watching 30 Rock.

Anyone else experienced this? It says version 3.8.5 is installed but I can't find any info on the Roku channel store to confirm what the latest version should be.  Is this an All4/Roku cock-up or is it just time to upgrade?

Any insight appreciated!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: All4 channel has suddenly reverted to old UI and functions.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact All4 support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lyn54
Level 7

I too have encountered this problem. I have a fairly recent NOW TV box and up until about the 4th June was getting the current All4 app (with the grey background, menu down the left hand side and easy channel selector facility etc....). On the NOW box I have carried out system updates and a reset, but am still getting what seems to be this previous version of All4 (or 4od?).  It is frustrating, not only because of the loss of user functionality, but also I am no longer able to access my favourites - they are listed but won't respond to the remote control.

I called Channel 4 about this and they said they didn't think the fault lay at their end, just told me to do system update/reset which I had already carried out.
BBC, ITV and Channel 5 catchups are all performing as normal, it's just All4 which isn't.
Any ideas, anyone please?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes here! Have you contacted Sky support to report the issue you're seeing and request any additional assistance? 

Any issues you may encounter on a Roku powered device, such as a Sky NOW TV unit, are handled by the service provider directly. They can best assist with any support needs you have.  

Please feel free to send me a private message with your details, including the serial number of your device, and the version & build of the channel you currently have installed. I'll help forward this over to the service provider to take a closer look. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos