Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmackay7
Level 7

All my Roku channels just suddenly disappeared

Hello,

Back on 5/11/2019 around 8:20 PM I was watching a show on the Acorn channel.  I needed to take a short break, so I paused the streaming video.  After about 30 seconds to a minute the screen changed from the paused video to reverting back to the Roku home screen.  Then after about 15 seconds the screen kind of flickered and all the channels disappeared. I mean all of them.  At the time I had 175 channels loaded.  I tried going to some other menu option and then back to home in hopes of this being a fluke.  But no channels were listed.  Finally, I went to System Update to see if maybe there was some pending update that had caused this behavior and what Update did was load back all 175 channels (which took a while).  After loading them all I did a Restart just to make sure all was okay.  I know that it really did lose and then reload the channels because the ones that require login, I had to log back into all of them.  I did take this opportunity to review and delete old channels.  Now I am down to only 32 channels.

I am just wondering if anyone else (or Roku) has experienced this behavior before (e.g. where all channels disappear or are somehow deleted)?  I have been using Roku for years and have never seen anything like this before.  I have several Roku devices in the house, and none have ever acted like this.  Also, is there any way to look at a log to maybe see what happened on my device?

The device is a Roku 4200X (Roku 3) and has software 9.0.0 (build 4142-04).

Thanks!
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Boz
Level 7

Re: All my Roku channels just suddenly disappeared

It's too bad no one has responded, especially someone from Roku!
Luckily, I have not experienced this on any of my Roku devices.  Please post back if you do ever find out what happened.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"Boz" wrote:
Luckily, I have not experienced this on any of my Roku devices.  Please post back if you do ever find out what happened.

This is more of a user community support forum, not Roku Support.  Sometimes Roku employees will respond, but that's not the main purpose of this site.
0 Kudos

"twiceover" wrote:
"Boz" wrote:

This is more of a user community support forum, not Roku Support.  Sometimes Roku employees will respond, but that's not the main purpose of this site.

Is there an official support forum then where we can get answers from actual Roku employees and/or support personnel?
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"locutisofborg" wrote:
"twiceover" wrote:
"Boz" wrote:

Is there an official support forum then where we can get answers from actual Roku employees and/or support personnel?

There is support information stickied at the top of the forum.
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 7

"locutisofborg" wrote:

No.

There are the support pages and a contact us option at: https://support.roku.com/index

Edit: Roku removed my line about the phone number and gave me a "Board warning issued" pm, so google roku customer service number.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@locutisofborg To help clarify, the Roku Forums is an official Roku site, however our support site is the primary conduit to contact our support team if your question cannot be answered by the Community here. You can identify Roku team members in the Forum by their purple/red username denotation, and by the Roku[Name] user naming convention & logo avatar in user profiles. 

@tajson My apologies for not following up here yesterday. 

As you mentioned, customers can view the available support contact options for their device/issue by visiting our support site at: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"Tajson" wrote:
"locutisofborg" wrote:

No.

There are the support pages and a contact us option at: https://support.roku.com/index

Edit: Roku removed my line about the phone number and gave me a "Board warning issued" pm, so google roku customer service number.

NO! Don't google for a customer service number. All you'll get are the phony support sites that try to either charge you or ask to connect to your computer. If it's a toll-free number, it's NOT Roku. If they ask for payment, it's NOT Roku. You can find the real Roku support phone number on their web site, but you have to dig through some self-help pages first. Please, don't do an Internet search for support. All you'll find are the scammers. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
"Tajson" wrote:
"locutisofborg" wrote:

No.

NO! Don't google for a customer service number. All you'll get are the phony support sites that try to either charge you or ask to connect to your computer. If it's a toll-free number, it's NOT Roku. If they ask for payment, it's NOT Roku. You can find the real Roku support phone number on their web site, but you have to dig through some self-help pages first. Please, don't do an Internet search for support. All you'll find are the scammers. 

I listed the correct phone number and Roku removed it.
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
@tajson My apologies for not following up here yesterday.

Thank you.
0 Kudos